Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
4 registered (woodenshoes, BuffaloCO, myrlin, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#447433 - 09/17/13 07:55 AM “Rape the gay away”
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
No time served????? NO TIME??

Iowa pastor and youth counselor Brent Girouex, who claimed with a straight face that he was trying to “cure” teenage boys of their “homosexual urges” by having sex with them, has had his sentence reduced from 17 years in prison to sex offender treatment and probation.

Since Girouex confessed to having sex with four underage boys, eight additional young men have come forward saying they were sexually violated by the 31-year-old pastor. Girouex, who is not longer a pastor at the Victory Fellowship Church, believed that he could rape away the gay by “praying while he had sexual contact” with the boys, all in an effort to keep them “sexually pure” for God.

According to reports, he told police that “when they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind.”

Girouex, a married father of four, has had a fair share of backlash since he publicly made his disturbing practices known. One of his most ardent opponents is his wife Erin, who has spoken out against both him and the reduced sentence he received after the initial 17 years he was to serve in prison.

“I don’t want [my children] anywhere near him,” Erin Girouex said to KCII local news. She stated that she has plans for divorce, but that her husband’s wanting to see their kids has complicated matters. Currently, he has a court-ordered, twice-per-month visitation schedule, where he must be supervised by his own mother.

While the claim of raping in order to make the victim sexually pure is novel, rapists having their sentences reduced to virtually nothing is not. Girouex’s drastic sentence reduction follows closely behind the heels of the actions of a Montana judge, who sentenced a convicted rapist to serve just 30 days in jail, and made comments about how his 14-year-old victim was an active participant in the sexual relationship. The victim, a girl in this case, subsequently committed suicide, and the judge apologized for his remarks, but left the light sentence in place.

From a Sept 19, 2013 SALON Article:

I

#447713 - 09/20/13 02:36 AM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
<check - check> this thing on?

#447742 - 09/20/13 12:17 PM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
Hindo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Mexico City
That judge is insane.

#447785 - 09/20/13 11:13 PM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
These are the articles where you wish there was the good ol' days, where someone "just disappeared" and was never heard from again, but all the towns folks were smiling while they all said "I don't know what happened to him" when the Sheriff came back from visiting his wife's kin down south.

And yes, decent good kind loving folks also "disappeared" (chased out of town in the middle of the night or murdered) by hateful people as well.

But in this case, concerning this Judge and this "Preacher" well I think they both should be handcuffed together for a five year period.

#447793 - 09/21/13 01:23 AM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: GeorgeMartin]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: GeorgeMartin

These are the articles where you wish there was the good ol' days, where someone "just disappeared" and was never heard from again, but all the towns folks were smiling while they all said "I don't know what happened to him" when the Sheriff came back from visiting his wife's kin down south.

*shudder*. I know what you mean about wishing common sense would win out over legalese, but all things considered I'd rather work for better laws not wish for ways around them. Not everyone who disappeared back then deserved to.

#447876 - 09/22/13 04:50 AM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Still
“Rape the gay away” pastor won’t serve time

Save the youth from homosexuality by sodomizing them? Making them ejaculate their sinful thoughts away? A very novel defense. Too bad he didn't have to serve time. The boys in the big house would have loved to test the "rape the stupid away" theory out on him.

And I hope at least for early retirement for the judge who allowed it.
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#447908 - 09/22/13 02:14 PM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
When I read the article, I was astounded. Simply, purely astounded. If the young pastor "cleansed" 12 teens of their sin and homosexuality, I just wonder how many more did not come forward. And how many more in the future will ejaculate for the pastor as he prays for the demons to be released. This is disgusting.

"Rape the gay away..." I am just astounded (and disgusted).

#448007 - 09/23/13 04:03 PM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Both judges probably practice what they preach.

Rape the gay away.

What a bunch of assholes. One asshole believes that crap about pure for god????? That's just pure crap

That montana asshole judge, by the way, just killed a 14 year old girl.

My mother used to give me an enema once or twice a week until I was 12. I would be fucken naked on my bed on my back with her arm laying on my stomach and holding the hose with her hand between my legs. I wonder why I would get an erection from that and get evil thoughts. Anyway, she would try and slap it down saying that I should get rid those dirty thoughts out of my head. I didn't think anything of it until the asshole would try and slap the damn thing down. After she tried a few times, by then I was thinking of dirty thoughts to do to her, I wanted to piss on her. I'm glad she wasn't a priest, though, otherwise she would have used a baseball bat to slap that "thing" down.

Slap the evil thoughts away.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
<3 XOXO
Jeff

#448236 - 09/25/13 08:29 PM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: Still]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Is this really America? The worst part about it is it happens way too often.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#448294 - 09/26/13 08:39 AM Re: “Rape the gay away” [Re: GeorgeMartin]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
this pastor horrifies me deeply. A, I'm a Christian. B, I'm a celibate bisexual with many friends in the ex-gay movement, as well as loved ones who are actively in the lifestyle. This guys is everything we don't believe. Can't believe this guy even exists.

I have no idea what the rational is for reducing his sentence. What could he have done? He didn't stop himself, didn't turn himself in, didn't turn states evidence... from 17 years to ?!?!nothing?!?!?!

Now, that aside:

Originally Posted By: GeorgeMartin

I heard a lot of talk like that back home in Ohio.

From the KKK. Except they were talking about ethnic minorities, homosexuals, or religious differences.

If I don't let my perp off the hook for rape because he was abused, I'm not going to let us off the hook for murder, or fantasies of murder, just because we were.

Gotta draw the line somewhere, 'cause the double standard is biting us in the backside on this one.

Edited by Onesimus75 (09/26/13 09:26 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.