Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#444460 - 08/16/13 12:44 AM Re: Does this site actually help? [Re: oneuponatime]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Does this site help? YES
1) Gives you a safe place to talk about what happened to you.
2) Gives you fellowship with other survivors who can understand you, your feelings and experiences, without judgement.
3) Allows you to learn from the experiences of others in different stages of healing.
4) Allows you to learn that you are not alone. Whatever feelings you have, experiences you've been through, and situation you're in, chances are others have been there too.
5) Helps you access services critical to your recovery.

Does this site "cure" you? NO
Recovery is a long, slow, painful process that is best guided by a professional with expertise in trauma. But, if you are willing to do the work, commit the time, and feel the feelings, you can make recovery a reality.
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#447710 - 09/20/13 01:28 AM . [Re: oneuponatime]
JoeSmith Offline

#447896 - 09/22/13 12:06 PM Re: Does this site actually help? [Re: oneuponatime]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
I think this site helps. After lurking for a few weeks, I shared a bit with a woman in a different recovery program I am in. Just generalized but it felt liberating.

Now I joined here.

It is all progress.

Good luck on your quest.

#447900 - 09/22/13 12:33 PM Re: Does this site actually help? [Re: oneuponatime]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
O, Welcome!

Does this site help? Yes!

Did you know, or have you discovered that we have a Naval Hero here whom fights for these very cases? He's regularly before Congressional Committees waking them up to realities. Look in the Military Abuse forum.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#447988 - 09/23/13 11:24 AM Re: Does this site actually help? [Re: oneuponatime]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
To me it helps that i can disclose certain matters which are too sensitive to share with friends or family, sometimes even the therapist.

Whether it helps in my healing.. i guess every step ive been taking to be honest with and to myself, will eventually help me to heal.

you've had a pretty rough ride so far, but you can express it very well. I hope that you will find something here on MS which will help you!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.