Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
8 registered (tbkkfile, skyguy, Esposa, Jay1946, OCN, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444475 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#447961 - 09/23/13 05:14 AM I can't seem to get past first base
tbkkfile Online   content

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Hi all

Around 12 months ago after 40 or so years of dissociation I started on my journey of healing, after a couple of very painful months my wife had a breakdown and I was forced to shovel all of the s**t back inside my head, throw it into the room that I'd made a long time ago and relock the door, thankfully she's now recovering well and I feel that I'm able to start again, the trouble is I can't get past first base.

Its like how I was before I decided to take the journey and I really don't know what to do, its like I can't even find the door anymore and its scaring me.
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

#447963 - 09/23/13 06:07 AM Re: I can't seem to get past first base [Re: tbkkfile]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
I have just started dealing after 40 some years of my memories being Swiss cheese.

The wife does not know. Not so sure I need to tell her for me to get better. Coming here is a step for me.

I keep hearing that when I am ready and the time is right, I will step forward. No formulas for when.

Peace

#447983 - 09/23/13 10:55 AM Re: I can't seem to get past first base [Re: tbkkfile]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
What happened in your life to even get you started 12 months ago? Write (to yourself or someone or here) about what happened 12 months ago that started the journey.

Do you remember any of the abuse?

I'm glad your wife is doing better.

Give it time. Read posts here at MS and/or some good books on the subject and it will happen when it does. Most of us don't seem to be able to keep the door closed even when we want to. You're looking for the door so I bet you will find it soon.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#448003 - 09/23/13 03:05 PM Re: I can't seem to get past first base [Re: tbkkfile]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
I don't even remember what the "bases" mean.

- Saint John of the Cross

#448053 - 09/24/13 12:05 AM Re: I can't seem to get past first base [Re: tbkkfile]
tbkkfile Online   content

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Thankyou all for your replies.

Rich1967 - I saw my own mortality and in a lucid moment realised that I'd spent pretty much the whole of my life affected by what had happened, I saw what I had missed in my marriage and in my kids growing up, I saw that I had disconnected from society and I guess I wanted happiness more than pain.

Yes I remember my abuse.
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

#448055 - 09/24/13 12:50 AM Re: I can't seem to get past first base [Re: tbkkfile]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
It sounds like you found the door. You don't have to open it until you are ready. You don't have to be disconnected anymore. It will be painful to open the door, but I think that's part of the journey to find the happiness.

Others here have been through that door and we will go through it with you when you are ready.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.