Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (Hopein14, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#447508 - 09/18/13 03:37 AM Re: Marriage - anyone still together? [Re: PatchworkMama]
HopeDiesLast Offline

HD001, do you see yourself in your dreams about the future, too? Are you smiling as well? I'm just asking because I tend to be the kind of person who wants to make everyone around her better and happier and forgets herself in the process... But I like your dreams. I don't see a smiling future right now, but I want to.

#447525 - 09/18/13 09:26 AM Re: Marriage - anyone still together? [Re: PatchworkMama]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Taking my toys, and heading home.

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:51 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#447533 - 09/18/13 10:54 AM Re: Marriage - anyone still together? [Re: Castle]
CruxFidelis Offline

Originally Posted By: Castle
I have to personally disagree with trying to heal without professional help.

While it's possible and maybe even works for some, the success stories I see and hear about involve caring professionals experienced in trauma and assault. It certainly is not everything, maybe even not the most important but non the less for the most part a critical piece of the puzzel.

Connecting with men is the most critical aspect in my opinion. A b oundry driven men's group of carrying understanding men had been the most important part of healing.

@pete

I totally get why you and you beloved can't get what you need from a professional... That is the transference that comes from "medical" incest and it makes absolute sense. In essence both of you are survivors of incest, not family incest, but incest non the less.

I have been in the process of relearning how to walk again. I cannot imagine doing it without physical therapists and the other professionals that work with them. A regular person might be able to carry my weight and my wife has always helped with basic stretching at home but it also takes a lot of knowledge of muscle groups, how they work with each other and how to strengthen them, etc. Despite the fact that PT is very necessary I have hard time trusting them because not everyone who goes into "helping professions" has the intention of helping and there are always people lurking about who want to use their position for evil. So my inability to trust has been holding me back in my physical recovery as well as mental recovery.

I mostly was reacting to the idea that a person who is not in therapy is not 'invested' in their recovery. I think even though my wife might never go to therapy for her CSA, she has always done what she can do, and that is enough for me.

what do you mean by incest? I think we might be operating under different definitions. I thought it always involved family?

- Saint John of the Cross

#447538 - 09/18/13 11:32 AM Re: Marriage - anyone still together? [Re: PatchworkMama]
Castle Offline

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:51 PM)

#447541 - 09/18/13 11:42 AM Re: Marriage - anyone still together? [Re: PatchworkMama]
Castle Offline

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:50 PM)

#447569 - 09/18/13 05:27 PM Re: Marriage - anyone still together? [Re: PatchworkMama]
HD001 Offline

Loc: us
Hope. I don't see myself because I'm there watching like real life. I always feel happy in the dreams though and in both of them me and my H are outside playing with our future kids and laughing. My H has some grey hair around his face and looks older. They always have good feeling about them. And I sure hope my future kids are as cute as the ones in my dreams. Hang in there sometimes its hard to see bright spots.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.