Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 34 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63168 Topics
441720 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#447484 - 09/17/13 06:58 PM !
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:49 PM)

#447490 - 09/17/13 08:07 PM Re: From the Mouths of Rapists [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Smalltown80sBoy
Why do anti-rape campaigns only target female victims?

Wish I knew.

- because it's socially unacceptable for men to ever show weakness thus men are less likely to talk about the experience of rape.

- because the radical feminists have painted a picture of men as power-driven, sex-driven patriarchs who are always on the perpetrating end of abuse, and never on the receiving end.

- How many times have you heard a woman remark that men "only have one thing on their minds?" While I think that the male brain is more prone to be "unitasking" rather than multitasking the "one thing" women assume is on men's minds is not always sex. For some of us it's money, or technology, or politics, or sports, or maybe even God. Lately for me that "one thing" is self loathing. I haven't given sex much thought after the rape at all. But before the rape I was a sexual being. It just never took over my entire being.

- According to the logic that men only have one thing on their minds, if a man experiences rape, he must have wanted it. Because what else would a man want?

- Or there's that comment I hear women make about how men think with their penises and not their brains. Thanks for reducing us multi faceted male creatures to one body part, ladies. That's precisely what rapists do.

- It's OK to poke fun at men in our culture and make comments like this because it's not like men actually have feelings or anything. That would be ridiculous.

Edited by CruxFidelis (09/17/13 08:10 PM)

- Saint John of the Cross

#447491 - 09/17/13 08:13 PM Re: From the Mouths of Rapists [Re: CruxFidelis]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: CruxFidelis
Originally Posted By: Smalltown80sBoy
Why do anti-rape campaigns only target female victims?

- because it's socially unacceptable for men to ever show weakness thus men are less likely to talk about the experience of rape.

- because the radical feminists have painted a picture of men as power-driven, sex-driven patriarchs who are always on the perpetrating end of abuse, and never on the receiving end.

- How many times have you heard a woman remark that men "only have one thing on their minds?" While I think that the male brain is more prone to be "unitasking" rather than multitasking the "one thing" women assume is on men's minds is not always sex. For some of us it's money, or technology, or politics, or sports, or maybe even God. Lately for me that "one thing" is self loathing. I haven't given sex much thought after the rape at all. But before the rape I was a sexual being. It just never took over my entire being.

- According to the logic that men only have one thing on their minds, if a man experiences rape, he must have wanted it. Because what else would a man want?

- Or there's that comment I hear women make about how men think with their penises and not their brains. Thanks for reducing us multi faceted male creatures to one body part, ladies. That's precisely what rapists do.

- It's OK to poke fun at men in our culture and make comments like this because it's not like men actually have feelings or anything. That would be ridiculous.

DITTO

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.