Newest Members
Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone, teba
12117 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cam76, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62511 Topics
438089 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#447375 - 09/16/13 05:40 PM Polanski Victim writes a book.
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Interesting article by the victim of Roman Polanski. She seems to be in denial. Perhaps it has kept her live together so far, but that life could easily come crashing down on her at any minute. She seemingly defends Polanski and things that his time served and the civil settlement she got should make it all better. Somehow, I can't see how it does for a man who lures her into the situation with the promise of becoming a model. Gets her drunk and drugs her.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-jc-geimer-book-20130916,0,6469747.story?page=1

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#447425 - 09/17/13 02:42 AM Re: Polanski Victim writes a book. [Re: onlyakid]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't know about her being in denial. She disclosed early, she was in a family situation that didn't pile shame or blame onto her, she has received both an apology and monetary compensation. I'm not saying that these things guarantee healing (of course not), but its a lot more closure and support than a lot of people get. If she has found healing and this is her way of moving on, I'm ok with that. In fact, I'm glad for her and I am not going to doubt her just because I've never gotten there. I just hope people who read her book realize that if the effects of her abuse was minimal it was because of the mitigating circumstances and her own healing journey (if you read between the lines, the article implies her teen years were pretty tough) not because the abuse itself wasn't harmful. I am afraid that in her case people might think that because she is doing ok it means Polanski's crime was slight. It wasn't. Just because a particular individual doesn't die from a bullet wound doesn't mean guns aren't fatal.

edit: But I didn't think it was fair of her to compare herself to Elizabeth Smart and say the only difference was their attitude toward sex. Elizabeth Smart's circumstances were very different and its not fair for her to make such assumptions about someone else's journey.

Edited by Jacob S (09/17/13 02:54 AM)
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#447427 - 09/17/13 03:18 AM Re: Polanski Victim writes a book. [Re: Jacob S]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
there is another thread with lots of information on this woman and her book...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...7406#Post447406

in a CNN interview with Larry King she claims "I was so much more damaged by the court system and the media than by him".
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2010/10/08/lkl.polanski.extradite.cnn.html
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0302/24/lkl.00.html
When asked how she feels about Polanski and the rape now, Geimer replied, "How do I feel about him? I hope he's well. I was 13. That makes it rape, but I didn't experience it that way. In my mind, I didn't know that was illegal. I didn't understand he could go to jail for it. I was young."

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.