Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
7 registered (focusedbody, Jim1961, manipulated, don64, 2 invisible), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63777 Topics
445381 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#447129 - 09/13/13 03:59 PM Trust the Dog...
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ost_read_module

"Dogs are Man-kinds best friend" What an understatement.

I wonder how many children credit their dog for saving their life &/or helping through hellish childhoods.

#447157 - 09/14/13 12:48 AM Re: Trust the Dog... [Re: blacken]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I cringe whenever I hear some media person say that an abused child is showing no ill effects from the abuse.

As to the dog, we have a similar dynamic. I do engage in horseplay with my children, the dog (an Australian Shepherd) playfully intervenes. She gets it that its play, but the thought has crossed my mind that if I weren't simply playing, she would get that too and the intervention would not be so playful.

There is a show on discovery I saw through netflix that is something like "Dog's Decoded" and delves into how intertwined dogs and humans are. It demonstrates how dogs comprehend humans like no other animal and humans can better interpret dog behavior /communications than other animals.

Edited by catfish86 (09/14/13 12:49 AM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.