Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (truestory, PabloV, Robert Barrett, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441789 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#444825 - 08/20/13 06:01 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I do have ankle weights, 10kg each, what I might do is put an ankle weight on the arm that isn't working to help me balance the hand that is working? (before swapping hands)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444829 - 08/20/13 06:10 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

No, just tried some more, 17.5kg is too heavy for me, i'll take it down to 15kg, although now that feels a bit too easy compared to 17.5kg, but i'll stick to 15kg and then work my way up to 17.5kg next, it is something to aim for!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444940 - 08/21/13 02:02 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I pulled a muscle in my back trying to wrestle a large dog into the car to take her to the vet. I've (mostly) been out of commission since Saturday. I'm trying an easy swim in about an hour.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#445009 - 08/21/13 09:17 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Sorry to hear about your back Will. I've kind of been on the workout DL myself lately with the efft-up elbow but at least it hasn't kept me from my cardio.

Yesterday and today I was pretty much on track. I went for a run both days and kept the diet mostly in check. Monday was I naughty as hell. I didn't exercise and my brother brought home a brand new deep fryer for the kitchen, so I kind HAD to use it. LOL. Fried chicken wings and jalapeno poppers aren't exactly on the diet plan. I'm going to be good for the rest of the week though then, this weekend, I'm gunna go crazy with that fucking fryer. LOL! Take care. Peace,

Ken

#445099 - 08/22/13 11:38 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

What are jalapeno poppers? I love jalapenos!

#445105 - 08/22/13 12:02 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Suwanee
I pulled a muscle in my back trying to wrestle a large dog into the car to take her to the vet. I've (mostly) been out of commission since Saturday. I'm trying an easy swim in about an hour.

Will

I pulled a muscle in my back by tripping over a board in front of the TV. It's not too bad. I've been trying to treat it myself by doing an exercise. It is done on the floor (could be done in bed) by merely pulling up one knee at a time and then rolling in the opposite direction.

Also it makes me want to lean slightly in the direction of the side where the injured muscle is. I have to try to "suck it up" and not lean.

As far as dieting is concerned, I'm trying to learn how to deal with something within myself - I crave something sweet and delicious almost every day. So how can I accomplish that and still keep on losing some weight?

Puffer (I don't want to keep puffing)

Edited by pufferfish (08/22/13 12:06 PM)

#445155 - 08/22/13 06:57 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Exercise done today, increased reps, increased sets, and using heavier weights.

#445156 - 08/22/13 07:00 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Puffer, this probably is bad advice as I know they say don't try to intake too many calories in liquid form, but when I have a real sweet craving I often have a hot chocolate drink, you can buy low calorie ones, I have sachets that are 40 calories per mug and they taste nice. That usually solves it for me (also you can sip it slowly to make the joy last).

Edited by king tut (08/22/13 07:01 PM)

#445178 - 08/22/13 10:28 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Another run after work today. Diet on-track. Already have my food made for tomorrow and that is on-track stuff to. Saturday and Sunday will probably not be so on-track but I've already accepted that. I want to use that damn deep fryer. Probably won't be so tempted to once the novelty of having one wears off. I WILL exercise this weekend though. Not getting away from that again for a while. Peace,

Ken

#445287 - 08/23/13 07:25 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Hit the gym early before work today. Cadio and abs. Diet is on-track. That is, aside from the beer that I'm pumping through my liver willy-nilly but it's fucking Friday, so fuck it.

Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.