Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brandon (23), doctorfrau (51), dwigginsr (55), Glen (43), RFB (58)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 48 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#446988 - 09/12/13 01:47 PM Re: Dawkins Under Fire for ‘Mild Pedophilia’ Remarks [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Still... I liked your class exercise. This Billy agrees with you 110%.

bill

#446993 - 09/12/13 02:53 PM Re: Dawkins Under Fire for ‘Mild Pedophilia’ Remarks [Re: catfish86]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: catfish86
Just maybe his lack of understanding on this and moral relativism comes from his theory that there is no God and therefor no moral absolutes.

Let's see . . . I don't want to start a debate so I'm going for focus on sharing my feelings . . . I'm an atheist. I have friends who are atheists. None of us are amoral. There are other foundations for morality besides divine command (I'll expound further on this if you are interested, but not here). My point here is that the implication that a lack of belief in a god leads to inferior morality is unfair and offensive.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#447048 - 09/12/13 11:48 PM Re: Dawkins Under Fire for ‘Mild Pedophilia’ Remarks [Re: Jacob S]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I have followed some of his debates and books.

Basically he seems to think that his ideas (and his person) are extremely important, to the point of demeaning anyone who would oppose him.

Puffer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.