Newest Members
Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas
12495 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
5 registered (PhoenixRising, dew, Cthulhu, BuffaloCO, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12495 Members
74 Forums
64162 Topics
447749 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447006 - 09/12/13 05:28 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
lol...no lawn my @$$. I decided, screw it.

One reason is I'm sick of being stuck inside two weeks. I don't do "helpless" well. Another is I had more serious depression last night...and activity helps me out of it. Doc had said to resume activity as I was able - he probably didn't quite have this in mind - but I felt able. (No cardiac rehab I'd presume because I'm not a sedentary human blimp stuffing his face with BK, Pizza Hut and Twinkies).

Stuck a nitro under my tongue, and the project took twice as long as usual and about ten breaks. It was overcast and cool (for us). Quite happily came in with sweat, grass clippings and smelling of 87 octane. No lifting, btw. Just pushing...slowly.

Had a call fr an HIV study admin in the middle of it who pointed out the immediate benefit, aside from trying the new pipes (like testing the flush system on an A380?), was being able to see a tangible accomplishment. I like that he typically takes a holistic view and doesn't patronize.

And then hit the sack for three hours. Tylenol for the muscles. I'm feeling more re-energized than sore, but I'll give it 24.

#447163 - 09/14/13 01:56 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
LANCER! DROP THE POTATO CHIPS AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BAG!

;-) Take it a step at a time. We're all sure glad to have you around. :-)

#447164 - 09/14/13 02:43 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: WriterKeith]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: WriterKeith
LANCER! DROP THE POTATO CHIPS AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BAG!

The Southland's Voice of Authority. I don't do well with Authority Keith.

I was sorta right on two steps forward, one step back. Purposely didn't do a damn thing today and I was okay with it. And, like the admin said, I did enjoy the view of the front lawn. Yeah, though, had to do a nitro midday. Been okay since.

Next up is a visit with the adoptables Sunday...and I'll ramble a bit. Sounds weird, but I still wonder if I can be a good dad to 'em. And part of me, as I'm a month from losing him, wonders if I'm sufficiently honoring Ricky's memory. otoh, this pair of FIV guys are, by definition, special - I just thot of this - and they may have been brought into my path for a reason. Regrettably, FIV is often considered "unadoptable" by many shelters and their clients, because of their potential health issues. Ironically, that shared outside perception - of them and me - is all the more reason for me to adopt. Plus this pair has already been bonded for a few years and the agency covers their health needs. Best thing I can do is give 'em a great forever home.

As so many of you have pointed out, too, it would be good for my own recovery. Still feels too damned empty around here. Jus' needed to ramble.

#447166 - 09/14/13 03:45 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
You know the cats and their lovely independent stance. I'm sure actually they would adopt you not otherwise.
And I secretively hope that they would bring some sun smile

I can't wait Sunday and news from your side of the universe!

Pero

#447304 - 09/15/13 08:06 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

On matters cat and cardiac: A visit to the potential adoptee pair in foster home this afternoon was inconclusive (one of 'em hid in another room), but also visited the associated shelter and found a pair of girlfriends - a black and a tortie - who seemed intrigued; plus a black male who's settled in my lap a few times on visits and a tab male who likes my shoulders as a perch. I'm proceeding slowly. No clear answers. (Though I'm considering the answer may have presented themselves).

Of more immediate concern, the driving wasn't a particular issue. Had a little pain, but nothing worse than I've had the past week. Between doing the lawn Thurs and today's driving, that's much better progress than I'd expected at this point and still a couple weeks left to the month. At this rate, I feel as if I could actually manage a shorter shoot.

#447493 - 09/17/13 08:55 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Had a surprise today when I went to the adoption agency. Turns out they were in the midst of cleaning the cat room, but the black "desk" cat was there as usual, talkative and particularly friendly with me as usual. Turns out he's not neutered and therefore a problem with the others...and always in the way in the office. "Would you foster him for a couple days?"

So, I have a black cat (I've dubbed "Nero") on my desk tonite. Oh, we had a nap this afternoon. He planted his head on my face...yeah, like Ricky would plant his body on my face. And the same meow intonations as Ricky's sister Lucy had. At the moment I'm not inclined to fight fate.

However, he's only two...considerably younger than I'd prefer. At the least he needs those li'l balls clipped - he humps everything - and an older buddy to keep him amused/in line.

lol...so I cut the lawn and no problems there.

#447509 - 09/18/13 04:51 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Lancer,
so now you have company?
That is great news!!!

How about couple photos to share wink ?

Pero

#447550 - 09/18/13 02:31 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: peroperic2009]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

update 9/19: Took "Nero" back after the agency's requested "couple of days" because I'd become too attached otherwise. At least it was his familiar venue.

#447719 - 09/20/13 04:12 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

-

#447906 - 09/22/13 01:56 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Lancer,

Nero is beautiful. I love black cats, but just too superstitious to have one... yeah, I am a crosser when they cross in front of me. (That's why my cat is white...). Hope you find a good match soon. It sounds like you are ready.

Hope you are feeling much better and back to a constant state of vigor. Let us know about your quest for the kitty.

b

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.