Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 73 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62514 Topics
438101 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#446605 - 09/07/13 12:58 AM I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form)
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I survived everything
I have tried everything
Everything And anything

All the walls begin to dissolve away
Feel your hands begin to shake
And just who you think you used to be
All begins to bend and break

Wave goodbye
Wish me well
I've become something else Something else
(Just as well, really)

But this thing that lives inside of me
Will surely rise and wake
And the secret breaks right through to me
And it comes to grab and take and take......

I am home I believe
I am home I am free
I am home I can see
Always here
Finally

Edited by Jacob S (09/11/13 02:35 PM)
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#446638 - 09/07/13 04:49 PM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: Jacob S]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Awesome! Love NIN. Thanks for posting this!

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

#446872 - 09/10/13 10:49 PM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: Jacob S]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Great song (and album!) But I think the 4th verse ends thus:

Either way, thanx for posting it.

John (a Sixties Kid now in his sixties!)

#446907 - 09/11/13 02:36 PM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: unhappycamper]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: unhappycamper
Great song (and album!) But I think the 4th verse ends thus:

Either way, thanx for posting it.

John (a Sixties Kid now in his sixties!)

I think you are right and I like that better, so I changed it.
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#446908 - 09/11/13 02:39 PM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: Jacob S]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Jacob:

I like my version better too ("seed"--ecch!) but yours is correct! Might as well change it back. Us Sixties Kids like to get the words right, even though we couldn't understand "Louie Louie" until it was digitized decades later.

John

#446916 - 09/11/13 03:14 PM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: unhappycamper]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: unhappycamper
Jacob:

I like my version better too ("seed"--ecch!) but yours is correct! Might as well change it back. Us Sixties Kids like to get the words right, even though we couldn't understand "Louie Louie" until it was digitized decades later.

John

I'm going to keep yours. People can google the real ones if they want. I purposefully mishear lyrics all the time if I find them more meaningful. =)
-- Alice Miller

#446936 - 09/11/13 09:27 PM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: Jacob S]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Great song selection! I was fucking obsessed with NIN back in the day. I still think that The Downward Spiral is one of the greatest albums of all time. I actually got to seem them preform The Downward Spiral live at the old Omni Coliseum here in Atlanta back in early 1995. God, that seems like a lifetime ago!

I have often wondered if Trent Reznor is a survivor himself. I have been unable to find anything confirming that he is but his lyrics seem to reek of it. That doesn't mean he is, and I may be reading things into his lyrics that aren't there, but I have wondered at times. Peace,

Ken

#446954 - 09/12/13 01:30 AM Re: I survived everything (|\| | |/| in fine form) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon

Great song selection! I was fucking obsessed with NIN back in the day. I still think that The Downward Spiral is one of the greatest albums of all time. I actually got to seem them preform The Downward Spiral live at the old Omni Coliseum here in Atlanta back in early 1995. God, that seems like a lifetime ago!

I have often wondered if Trent Reznor is a survivor himself. I have been unable to find anything confirming that he is but his lyrics seem to reek of it. That doesn't mean he is, and I may be reading things into his lyrics that aren't there, but I have wondered at times. Peace,

Ken

I've wondered that too. Reznor has said his childhood was boring and uneventful. Its only fair to take him at his word, but he sure does a good job articulating suffering.
-- Alice Miller

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.