Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (myrlin, dan_in_newengland, Obi, don64, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447668 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#446539 - 09/06/13 12:58 AM Not News!
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Not posted in News-n-Stuff as this is NOT 'news.' This is just a given and always has been...but its getting worse, and this nation is freakin sick!

When is it that I'm gonna be shown that things are getting better with the public? What's that??? "Frosty day in "hell" you say???

Pull this crazy bus over right here! I'm done with people!

Students Cheer Sex Abuse

#446546 - 09/06/13 03:12 AM Re: Not News! [Re: Still]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Wow, Still. I am like you and just amazed at the callousness of our society. This falls into line with Montana judge who said the child who committed suicide after her rape was as much to blame and in control as the 49 year old man who committed the rape. Or the guy in Louisiana in charge of the children who said the same thing about the girl down there in jail who had sex with the employee of the jail system charged with watching over her and keeping her safe.

The chant... like young boys! underage girls! No doesn't mean no... young and tight... should be repulsive to everyone- PERIOD. People do suck. AND so DUMB... who participates in a video chant experience that is certain to ruin you when released to the public- and it certainly will be. I would not hire, date, marry, or even associate with someone whom I knew for certain participated in this. I just wouldn't. And I certainly wouldn't want them around my kids, my grandkids, or anyone I loved who might at one point find themselves vulnerable.

I once knew a man, who as a college age kid, asked a hard working waitress to attend a dance. The dance was "the ugliest date" dance, part of the lower intellectual inductee week into a fraternity. Even into his 60s, he laughed about his "date". He treated others this way his entire life. People never really change personalities. Will these kids be the same with their attitudes regarding abusive sex?

And I wonder if these educated, well off kids will ever change their views of rape until it happens to them.... but of the 80 mentioned who participated, approximately 13 have experienced CSA.- 1 of 6. How painfully awkward it was for those young people to know the exact meaning of the phrases being chanted. Talk about triggering nightmares! They have been violated again and again just by exposure to this stuff.

Good stuff to share. It makes me angry as well.

Edited by ThisMan (09/06/13 03:17 AM)

#446547 - 09/06/13 04:10 AM Re: Not News! [Re: Still]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
I take solace in that these things are more likely to be uncovered and apologized for now, instead of hushed up or defended. The world is still disgusting in so many ways, but compared to 100 years ago the progress is real.

#446564 - 09/06/13 11:02 AM Re: Not News! [Re: Still]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I do believe in general the awareness of csa is met with disdain by people. However, I have heard callous remarks and dismissal of csa from supposedly educated individuals from adults to young people. I like to believe people who are callous about csa and these students are an exception to the compassion expressed by many. I also believe these behaviors are learned from parent/adult to child. The key is education which is lacking. I believe most of us have heard ignorant comments about csa and the effects it has on a victim physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. How many realize suicide, addictions, self loathing, ptsd (from the trauma), etc are all devastating effects of csa? Not many including those in the medical profession as well as the the legal profession understand csa. Look how callous and dismissal the judge was in sentencing and dismissal by others of the seriousness of the offenses. And these are educated people. So what can we expect with messages like these being sent to the world.

Education and awareness are needed. The students need serious help to understand their moral compasses are lacking.

#446572 - 09/06/13 02:09 PM Re: Not News! [Re: KMCINVA]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
I do believe in general the awareness of csa is met with disdain by people. However, I have heard callous remarks and dismissal of csa from supposedly educated individuals from adults to young people. I like to believe people who are callous about csa and these students are an exception to the compassion expressed by many. I also believe these behaviors are learned from parent/adult to child. The key is education which is lacking. I believe most of us have heard ignorant comments about csa and the effects it has on a victim physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. How many realize suicide, addictions, self loathing, ptsd (from the trauma), etc are all devastating effects of csa? Not many including those in the medical profession as well as the the legal profession understand csa. Look how callous and dismissal the judge was in sentencing and dismissal by others of the seriousness of the offenses. And these are educated people. So what can we expect with messages like these being sent to the world.

Education and awareness are needed. The students need serious help to understand their moral compasses are lacking.

I agree completely. Let me clarify that when I said "more likely to be uncovered and apologized for," I meant more likely than they used to be, but I agree with you that people who understand CSA are still the exception rather than the rule.

#446577 - 09/06/13 04:29 PM ! [Re: Still]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:38 PM)

#446578 - 09/06/13 04:32 PM ! [Re: Still]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:38 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.