Newest Members
country_guy, ce, Lalinda, RichNewman, woodyamorc
12600 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Corey (44), HunterH777 (59), ohiojeff (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12600 Members
74 Forums
64696 Topics
452125 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#446317 - 09/03/13 12:24 PM Another School Rape!
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I awoke today to hear about little, entering HS Freshmen boys, having been raped while at a local soccer camp...and they were raped by OLDER BOYS!

Exactly what happened to me (the older boys part), even though I'm told over and over and over again that "adolescent boys just don't DO that." "Its highly unusual and nearly fully unheard of."

I'm posting it here and not News as this is causing me a nuclear-core meltdown. I thought I could tough it out...but I've been in white-knuckle mode for too long to have any strength remaining.

I'm also wondering if MS could step-in for these victims in any Penn State sort of mode?

ARTICLE

#446329 - 09/03/13 01:14 PM Re: Another School Rape! [Re: Still]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Hey Still I can imagine how triggering these sorts of articles can be especially when you and I start taking a closer look at the school/media response. Reading through the article one gets a Brady Bunch feeling of how the student body, school administration, summer camp officials view the victims of these crimes. I just hope it is true to reality because that would mean we are making real progress in the way of victim and survivor support/justice.

#446345 - 09/03/13 04:26 PM Re: Another School Rape! [Re: Still]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Sports. Again. In the article a few months ago about a HS wrestler in Colorado getting raped, the authors matter-of-factly said that latest studies show 10% of CURRENT high school aged boys will ADMIT to having been sexually assaulted by peers as part of sports hazing.

There have definitely been more stories in recent years.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#446346 - 09/03/13 05:02 PM Re: Another School Rape! [Re: Still]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I wonder how many mention abuse by girls? indeed, for me, though boys did all the physical violence and some of the explosure, the really serious s/xual stuff was all done by girls.

It sometimes really annoys me how teenaged girls are always seen as this vulnerable group of little princesses who are always the victims and can't be abusers, heck I don't even think there is a deffinition of gang rape involving multiple girls and a boy, though that term best describes my experiences.

#446347 - 09/03/13 05:06 PM Re: Another School Rape! [Re: Still]
Sven Offline

girls can be vicious, it's just not something most people think they can do.. It's always those anti abuse campaigns focused on girls, or kids. Never for boys or men, or against abuse done by women.
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#446353 - 09/03/13 05:49 PM Re: Another School Rape! [Re: Still]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Re: female perps - this Reddit thread was linked here a few weeks ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1jwuuw/serious_male_victims_of_sexual_assault_harassment/

Female perps outnumber males by about 20:1. Between that and the equally astounding prevalence of ASA stories, it basically reads like open season on drunk or drugged college guys.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#446405 - 09/04/13 01:30 PM Re: Another School Rape! [Re: Still]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Thanks for the thread sockerstar. it's actually something of a relief to here about other men who have experienced violent sa perpetrated by teenaged girls, since so often I tend to feel extremely alone with this, especially whenever abuse is mentioned in the media it's %70 about female victimsand even in that last %30 that covers males, it's always young boys and older male offenders, indeed even on those rare occasions female perpetrators are! discussed they're so often adults, not children only slightly older.

The fact that England has been going through something of an onrunning witchhunt for male pedophyles.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.