Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#446624 - 09/07/13 01:13 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
lol Jude. I'm getting that from a LOT of people, including biological mom who's a retired RN. Very reluctantly - and it's not a machismo thing - I'm doing it. But it's damn frustrating to actually be so helpless. Now that you bring it up, I don't think I've felt this helpless since I was a post-CSA teenager still living under the same roof with the adopted mommybitch. Cardiologist, btw, is Tues afternoon.

As far as you're heart belonging to me, if you know a good transplant doc I'll take you up on the offer ;-)...except I like your Bette Midler quote.

fwiw, cancelled the visit with the new "kids" tomorrow. Half hour drive's a bad idea this weekend.

#446689 - 09/08/13 04:38 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Lancer -
sorry i missed this whole thread - don't usually come here. add my hope for your restored health and strength to the long list of well-wishers. i dont want to think of what this place would be like without you. do your best not to let that happen - ok?

NOW - can we look forward to an epic marathon thread on heart issues to rival the shingles saga?! dude - you even make major health issues fun!
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#446704 - 09/09/13 01:24 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

lol...welcome to the thread Lee. Glad to see you showed up. (I, for one, missed you when you did your move this year, dear friend). And I'm mostly with you on the "entertainment value"...my mantra. I suppose it's similar to, "whatever doesn't kill you...."

I was rather glad for the break in the health dramas the past seven months and feeling normal. I suppose it's progress that this time I put it right out there instead of a group PM, huh? Frankly, though, I hate this shit.

Eventually I'll be able to lighten up, but I'm not there yet. At the least, I'm figuring Sept is a wash. I hate being unproductive, personally (can't do a damn thing around the house) and professionally (all Sept shoots cancelled). Nor do I relish having the fragile part of my personality front and center. But that's exactly how I feel and, hell, I'm only ten days along...feels like a damn month already. Shingles, etc., was a cakewalk compared to this.

Granted, have particular support from my Welsh bestie, my fave cousin, even my neighbor across the street. I've apparently, too, been making the right decision by now making sure I lay low, frustrating as it is. And, I sure as hell don't know what THIS is about, but the guy at Petsmart was hitting on me in the midst of this.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, gripe, gripe, gripe. (One of the guys gave me a nudge by shooting Olivia Newton John's "Heart Attack" to me, but I'm feeling more like my Marvin avatar).

#446753 - 09/09/13 09:09 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll keep it short, but it's been a horrible day. Can't work any shoots or get into the yard to work it off. Worst depression I've had in ages. And had my first gut-wrenching cry since the heart attack...crying for Ricky, crying for myself.

Despite the success of the HIV treatment the past seven months, I find myself wondering if the struggle is worth it...whether I bother with (or even if I'm worthy of) any more feline companions, whether it's worth it to continue fighting my own health issues. I feel tired, fragile and beaten. Right now I don't feel like I can fight any more.

#446816 - 09/10/13 10:52 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((Lancer))) -

maybe this is the time to *rest* instead of "fight."

i hope the cry helped. i know sometimes tears can be comforting - and sometimes they hurt.

it sounds like this would be a very good time to have those kitty adoptees nearby - rather than dropping the idea. can you proceed with that while following doctor's orders?

no heart jokes today...
lee

#446824 - 09/10/13 11:51 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Lee. I'm doing a bit better in daylight. Though I needed to cry, I was afraid what it might bring on physically. But I also know there are chemical benefits to a good cry. Don't know that I feel any better, but....

You may be right about the kids. Planning to make another attempt this weekend. I see the cardiologist today and will have a better handle on everything.

#446861 - 09/10/13 06:55 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Saw the cardiologist this afternoon and feel a bit better about things, if not completely at ease yet. In short, his theme seemed to be, "you have a new heart." I couldn't believe it when he said I could resume my normal activities as I feel able. I feel like the shackles have been undone. This will take a while to digest.

Nitro for the remaining pain, but no cause for alarm.

#446875 - 09/10/13 11:45 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
WriterKeith Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Lancer, I've been a little out of it and not active here lately. I was pretty shaken to see your original post to this thread, so I am VERY VERY glad to find this current update.

Great to hear the doc's excellent report.
No more slackin'. Now drop and do some pushups! ;-)

#446876 - 09/10/13 11:59 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lancer - good to hear that latest report.

all the same - it might not hurt to ease into things gently for a while...

but - go for the feline friends, man - you need each other!
lee

#446896 - 09/11/13 10:44 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

If any consolation, Keith, you've plenty of company in the Shaken Dept., including me.

The gist is he opened up the big pipes, but the smaller ones may have remaining problems he couldn't access because of their size. For you clinicians - I was awake the whole time and remember the procedure - it was catheters, balloons and then drug-eluting stents. Between iodine, dyes and bruising, interesting colors on my right arm.

fwiw, since some online and offline have expressed concern...I'd guess no lawn for another 7-10 days, may pull weeds. @Keith...I'm NOT going to drop and give ANYONE ten because I'd probably just drop.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.