Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (BraveFalcon), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447992 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#446057 - 08/31/13 03:07 PM I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Hey guys --

Just shot off a PM to some of my MS besties, but I guess this is the best place to post.

I had my first heart attack about 48 hours ago. It hadn't been a particularly strenuous day - though, as many of you know, the loss of my feline companion of 16 years has really weighed heavily on me since mid-month.

I had pain inside my left arm that got worse during the day, including the armpit. I lay down for a couple hours and it was worse, almost unbearable, including bad lower jaw pain. When I started to feel lightheaded and break into a cold sweat I called 911.

At the hospital yesterday they put in two stents. I was released today. I've still a list of meds to decipher. I'm just getting used to being back home. I'm not supposed to lift. No lawn (my love) for at least a month.

Friends (and clients) are supportive, but I'm scared shitless. In my 50s, biological mother's side has this. For those of you who don't know, I'm also an HIV survivor of 21 years who started on new meds seven months ago that have changed my life. So, just as I'm getting my life back, I feel like my body has betrayed me. I know this is still too damn fresh and, at the moment, I simply need to lay down for a while. Hell, I've been on my back for two days anyway.

Except for 40 years of smoking, I have other healthy things going on...my diet, I like working outside, and because of the HIV I've learned to jettison stressors. But, dammit, right now I'm more scared than I ever have been. Scared isn't the right word. I want more life. I'm not ready to die. Particularly this year, I've really started to enjoy my life again.

...and I'm rambling.

#446063 - 08/31/13 03:30 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
BraveFalcon Online   content
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

(((((LANCER)))))

I know I've already said this stuff in PM but my god, it is SO terrible to hear that this happened to you. I am SO glad to hear that you're ok though. Just take it as easy as possible. The lawn and the yard can wait. Take care of yourself, my friend. We all want you to be around for a long time to come. Peace,

Ken

#446086 - 08/31/13 08:56 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
((((((Lancer))))))

I'll echo Ken...take care of yourself, rest, recover and follow the doctor's instructions. I'm so glad you had ample warning so you could have the stents placed.

Take care.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#446108 - 09/01/13 01:23 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Lancer, we are with you man!
Please try to get some rest and calm down. You are hell of a fighter and I'm sure you'll win this battle.
I'm praying for your quick recovery.

Sending hugs and love

((((Dave))))

#446110 - 09/01/13 03:45 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Appreciate all the hugs guys. It's taking me time to digest. Reluctantly have firmly planted my ass in a chair or in bed since I got home. Nor can I deny - coming home pretty ripe plus full of pre-surgical iodine in a couple strategic areas - the wonderful simple pleasure of finally taking a shower and being able to shave.

I've managed to get a handle on the four scripts and I'm okay thru September on supply. One thing off my mind.

At the moment I'm hypervigilant about any pain and, frankly, scared most of the time. But, haven't been home even a day yet.

Something I shared, which makes me feel good for some reason, in a PM to another member. I've always believed animals do have a particular sense on matters medical. Just have never experienced it for myself. While I was lying in the hospital bed I thot about Ricky...and that when he lay on my chest (all the time), I think there was something in his feline wisdom/senses that led him to always lie directly on the side of my chest above my heart.

#446133 - 09/01/13 12:18 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Keep well. And wishing you a healthy recovery.

#446138 - 09/01/13 02:49 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
(((Lancer)))

That is so scary! I'm glad you came through it and hope it can just be one more thing to manage. Sometimes the shit keeps piling up but you've proven you can handle it if given a fighting chance. Really rooting for you to overcome this.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#446139 - 09/01/13 03:07 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Let me say I am scared for you Lancer, that was an incredible ordeal. Thank you for sharing that with us so that we can all tell you just how important it is for you to care for yourself, keep working through this large stressor and most importantly continue to feel better!

I have no idea what you are going through, but I recently had a gall bladder attack. Chest pains, no relief, nausea, vomiting, lightheaded and helpless, racked in pain and weakness. I am 46 and have no history of long term illness with me nor my family, so I was fairly confident it was not life threatening. Still, I could not even drive myself to the hospital. I am on the backside of that, every time I have dairy products my gallbladder pulses and there is some pressure, I think that is under control. What I do share with you is the hyper vigilance of pain. I will shut down, drop what I am doing and go to bed at the first sign of pain, reaching for the pain and the anti-nausea medication. So far.., so good. I am finding what I am capable of eating and doing and where the proverbial line is drawn. You too, especially after having experienced HIV and it's regiment, can be confident that soon you will enjoy a new lifestyle that allows you freedoms and joy filled experiences, that by being preset and aware, you again will find the live! in life.

It is coming, hope for it till it shortly arrives, anticipate the smiles and comfort, they are almost here fellow survivor,

Sam

#446165 - 09/01/13 09:11 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((Lancer)))

I'm so sorry to hear this frown

I don't have much to add to what the guys have said already but I really hope you have a speedy recovery from this.

My Story

#446173 - 09/01/13 10:41 PM . [Re: Lancer]
JoeSmith Offline

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.