Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (journey4two, highflight, Nathan LaChine, Scott1962), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443259 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#445760 - 08/28/13 05:44 PM ! [Re: lostcowboy]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:33 PM)

#448103 - 09/24/13 01:30 PM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Loose Cannons

[video:youtube]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mine_vaganti/?nopopup=true[/video]

Italian with a joy of life and at the same time embracing in your own way your own reality. Lots of gay twists and humor and Fellini esque pathos.

My bf and I loved it.

WoR Barrie 2011

#448383 - 09/27/13 02:26 AM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I don't really enjoy the raunchier gay movies, but I find some of them incredibly moving.

There was a British film called Get Real from 1998 that I appreciated a lot, thought was very honest.

A German (?) movie called Harvest was tasteful and really honest.

Nate & Margaret (2012) with Tyler Ross was very good, if low-budget, and I liked a lot of what it had to say in the end about being gay with dignity. The restaurant scene was amazing.

Then there's Prayers for Bobby. Obviously as a celibate religious dude (and the woman responsible for me being Christian was a celibate lesbian) I come to a different conclusion, but this is such a heart-felt presentation of the issue that it still brings me to tears every time I watch it.

#448388 - 09/27/13 03:02 AM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Bobby's mother who's approval he was desperate for as we all are, rejected him as did his church based on conservative doctrine. She tried to have him cured and he tried to toe the line. Ultimately he had to live his orientation but was unable to reconcile his inner conflict and took his own life.

In this tragic story, through love and understanding Bobby's mother's epiphany comes when she sobs

"I now know why God didn't heal Bobby. He did't heal him... because there was nothing wrong with him"

If its ok to ask, what different conclusion did you come to?

btw i makes me cry too, but i cry every year when Clarence gets his wings, even though i see it coming!

WoR Barrie 2011

#448391 - 09/27/13 03:44 AM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
Onesimus75 Offline

I will totally answer that, but I think I ought to move it to its own post, since it's a question of how I dealt with abuse, bisexuality, and Christianity? Fair 'nough?

[Or I could totally chicken out and put the short version of it in a PM like I just did...]

In touch with this theme, one great indie film about a gay kid who becomes a martial artist is
Sensei. It's also nice 'cause it paints a slightly exaggerated but moving portrayal of the false idea that Christianity has room for hatred and violence against homosexuals.
Good acting. Sweet but not over-the-top martial arts.

Edited by Onesimus75 (09/27/13 04:07 AM)
Edit Reason: I'm chicken

#448454 - 09/27/13 03:52 PM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: Onesimus75]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Onesimus75
I will totally answer that, but I think I ought to move it to its own post, since it's a question of how I dealt with abuse, bisexuality, and Christianity? Fair 'nough?

Would love to read that too, if I may be so bold.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#448481 - 09/27/13 08:51 PM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
Onesimus75 Offline

Too personal for public chat room. I sent a PM to you both. It um... took me a while to type.

Anyway, Those are the gay movies I enjoy 'cause of their emotional honesty and lack of raunch.

Anyone else seen them?

#448482 - 09/27/13 08:55 PM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey please could you send me the name of that movie too, I'd like to see it.

Btw I've watched last night Loose Canons and it was so good and warm movie, thanks Life!

Pero

#448520 - 09/28/13 02:33 AM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
Onesimus75 Offline

The martial arts movie is just called "Sensei" Beautifully understated name.

#448525 - 09/28/13 02:59 AM Re: Some Gay Movies [Re: lostcowboy]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thanks, I'm preparing to watch it this morning wink

Pero

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.