Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63209 Topics
441984 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >
Topic Options
#445351 - 08/24/13 02:58 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Went for my run this morning. Diet today and tomorrow is mostly going to be naughty stuff. Back to the healthy stuff on Monday.

#445378 - 08/24/13 09:33 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I got spiked friday night so my exercise has taken a back seat to recovering.

I suppose to start training for a marathon, not sure if i have it in me though to do that.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#445466 - 08/25/13 11:30 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
I ran 13 miles tonight. It felt really easy. I think I'm on track to be able to run a half marathon this fall.

DavO

#445485 - 08/26/13 08:44 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

That's brilliant! It will take me a long time until I will find 13 miles easy, but I will work on it!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#445530 - 08/26/13 09:47 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

You guys can run much further than me. I give out at around four miles. That being said, I went for a run on Sunday but took today off. The diet the last couple of days has been..... meh.... don't ask. blush

#445583 - 08/27/13 12:09 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ok,

The whole pulled muscle thing has run its course. I no longer feel 90 years old because I can't bend over to pick up a sock off the floor. I got some pool time last weekend and eased into a slow workout over 2,500 yards on Sunday. Yesterday I had a crappy meeting after work and just went straight home and grilled chicken for sandwiches.

ADD meds tend to kill my appetite, so I've been augmenting my diet with more protein shakes and Greek yogurt. Yesterday's lunch though was bad for one reason: Chik-fil-A. Politics aside, I needed a fix in the form of a peanut oil fried chicken sandwich and waffle fry goodness.

After work: a 5 mile hike with a backpack filled with sand. Oh yes I am. (I'm working up to a full pack again for a long trip to be scheduled).

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#445639 - 08/27/13 09:57 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Went for my run today. Diet on-track. The elbow is still bothering me but I think I may return to the weights soon anyway. It's not getting better on it's own so perhaps I should just work through it. Peace,

Ken

#445646 - 08/27/13 11:41 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Hi, Team Tut,

Just checking back in. Something happened that triggered me more than I was aware of consciously, and it sent me into a tailspin of PTSD-related depression. I'm pulling out of it and I'm getting back in line with the MS Team Tut Fitness Program.

I see I have a LOT of reading of posts to catch up. Other than that, I'm not going to beat myself up; I'm just picking up where I am and moving forward.

Sooooo good to see you guys.. can't wait to catch up on your posts!

Keith

#445720 - 08/28/13 01:13 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi

A few weeks ago I was actually suffering from some kind of a malady. It may have been minor food poisoning or something. I had abdominal pain and malaise. Maybe this will sound suspicious. I just had an urge to eat to get over it. Now I have put on pounds. Now I've got to get back to the diet and exercise.

Puffer

#445753 - 08/28/13 05:10 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Glad to have you back Keith! I love the enthusiasm you bring! Hope you are recovering well from your episode, take it easy and don't rush into anything. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

I'm also not doing so well. Been to accident and emergency with a head injury.

The doctor said (after really being of no use in any way, and already being rude) "usually I would tell sporty people not to exercise for 6 weeks", he looked me up and down judgementally and then said, "but, you know", as if to say I don't exercise so it doesn't apply! So on top of being ill and weakened I now have all of my exercise efforts mocked. I'll fight on.

Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.