Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tiger1982, Obi, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#445549 - 08/27/13 12:44 AM A letter to my dad
drewshere Offline

Here is a letter I'm thinking of giving to my dad. he wasnt part of the abuse, but he didn't do much about it. I struggled for a long time, while he complains about finding a job. here it is.

I donít know if you can see . Dad.

I donít know if you can glimpse at the psyche of the son that you hath made.

The potential from your son that is realized in any moment.

Sparks that literally fly as lightning.

And to leave all peers in the dust.

A son who also hath humbled from more than pie.

Can you see past the practicality. The resume as one would discuss over wine amongst imaginary couples. Hoisting accolades of colleges and careers. Of independence and self sustainment. Does a man live on an island?

A son with much internal that he can self asphyxiate. One who potentiates to crush millions yet repents over stepping on others toes.

Iíve always had a way with words, yet am a pauper with one pence as I have one consciousness, one train of mind and one mouth in which to speak.

Do you understand what you have? Father? A mine of precious jewel, with mettle more solid than steel. Will you let it breathe? Or would you rather kill the goose.

If you could see past the situations. Past glares of sleeping until the sun begins to cool. See the man you have made.

You would be proud dadÖ you would be proud.

#445619 - 08/27/13 07:11 PM Re: A letter to my dad [Re: drewshere]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

He should be proud. He ought to be proud. He's lucky to have you for a son. I wish he could open his eyes and see the man you've become.

My Story

#445653 - 08/28/13 12:07 AM Re: A letter to my dad [Re: drewshere]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

All I can say YOU ARE BRAVE AND I AM PROUD WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU !!
I wish I could have done what you want to do.

((((( drewshere )))))

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.