Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brandon (23), doctorfrau (51), dwigginsr (55), Glen (43), RFB (58)
Who's Online
4 registered (HD001, bluesky, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 49 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441284 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#445459 - 08/25/13 10:32 PM New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial
KJvox70 Offline

I'm 43, was married, 3 kids.... been divorced 8 years and thru many failed relationships. Sexual hangups, depression, addiction, low self worth...all the "stuff" that Im learning is par for course.
Finally had to get to the core of "why?"these things have ruled my life.
I was molested by older male cousins from age of 6 to about 14. Guess I buried and refused to give it any credit in my life for all these years. Now painfully realizing just how much of a negative impact it has had on my adult life.
It's total BS that we've been robbed of so many things in life.

#445463 - 08/25/13 10:42 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey KJ
it is b.s. for sure but the good news is that in facing it you can develop the power to overcome you are in good company here and it is a place where you are understood. just unwind and check out the site maybe chat a bit if MY experience is any indicator you will find a second home man.
heal well
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#445475 - 08/26/13 02:47 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio

Welcome, KJ,

It's indeed a difficult road you've traveled to be here. I'm familiar... I was sexually abused as a kid by an older male cousin. Others here share like experiences and have the compassion to help see you through the tough times and rejoice in the good ones, they do happen too! I wish you healing in all ways!

Gary / 1.healing

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

#445494 - 08/26/13 11:12 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
KJvox70 Offline

Thanks Gary. After doing a lot of research yesterday, Im honestly OVERWEALMED at how big and bad this monster Ive picked a fight with is.

#445503 - 08/26/13 02:27 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
Breathe, my friend, and perhaps take things a little slower... It's very easy to become overwhelmed, especially in the beginning and without as much support as you may need in place. Sometimes there's a tendency to take it all on at once and at those times I remind myself that "Rome wasn't built in a day." neither did our abuse happen that quickly, it will take time to unravel and the healing you deserve will happen over time in stages, not all at once. For most of us here it's been worth the journey, particularly when weighing the alternatives. It was a very brave move to come here and post so soon, your poetry also, courageously expressed. You have what it takes to take on monsters, there are others here to help in those battles too. For now take this time to just get familiar and more comfortable here, including stepping back a comfortable distance when overwhelmed, but not altogether away, all the rest will follow as it needs too. And stay connected, it's the real key to recovery.

Gary / 1.healing

No need to push so hard as to push yourself away, take your time

Edited by 1.healing (08/26/13 08:16 PM)
Edit Reason: corrected text

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

#445504 - 08/26/13 02:42 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
KJ

I'm very sorry for what you experienced. I can relate to hiding your past. I kept my history of abuse secret for 40 years. While your story is unique to you, all of us here unfortunately share experiences related to the CSA. This is a safe place for you to tell your story, make friends, seek help, and, in general, receive support on your healing journey.

This is your path to a better life. Take it at your own pace and make the most of the resources here that can help you. Good luck.

DavO

#445566 - 08/27/13 09:14 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hi KJvox70,

Welcome to the club that no one wants to join: Middle-aged men who finally are coming to grips with having been sexually abused as boys. After years of denial, and letting the destruction overtake our lives, we want our lives BACK.

MS is just one piece, but a powerful piece it is. Being able to talk with others who have experienced the same things, felt the same feelings, thought the same thoughts, believed the same lies, can hugely healing. Don't leave out the therapy piece and having a support system of people close by if possible.

Be well my friend.

Jude
Jimi Hendrix

#445570 - 08/27/13 09:52 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

KJ

I am sorry you are here. But it is a place you can come and feel safe. It is difficult to face the past after years of burying the abuse.

Write what you feel, share what you are comfortable sharing and take care of yourself. It is a journey of lifetime--many ups and downs but in the end you will find some peace and begin to live the life you deserve.

#445617 - 08/27/13 06:58 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
KJ,

I visited once a year ago and it was too much for me then. After some therapy under my belt I'm back and loving it here.

I hope you find the same comfort that I have so enjoyed.

I'm 45 (I've been saying I'm 44 incorrectly - I must be trying to get some of the lost years back :-) and have 4 kids.

Welcome.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#445626 - 08/27/13 07:45 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
KJvox70 Offline

Thanks to all for the encouraging posts. I am doing my best to slow my mind a bit. I spent the whole weekend online absorbing a ton of information.
Im determined to move forward and begin the battle of regaining my self and healing.
Again, thank you all. God Bless.
KJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.