Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, manipulated, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12497 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#445482 - 08/26/13 08:33 AM 8yr old boy shared bedroom with 87 yr old woman?
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
8yr old kid shoots his grandmother carer, they find a grand theft auto video game in the games console so assume he was influenced by the game.
They support his innocence by saying:

Quote:
'From accounts of relatives of the victim, as well as friends of the family, the victim and the juvenile had a normal, loving, relationship and even shared the same bedroom,' he said.

They are using that as a positive!!! No way should an 8 year old boy have to share a bedroom with an 87 (some articles say 90) year old woman. Stupid people.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz2d4rt0Rrt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#445484 - 08/26/13 08:44 AM Re: 8yr old boy shared bedroom with 87 yr old woman? [Re: king tut]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
We don't know. Its hard to put oneself in another spot. There's no reason to think the grandmother was doing anything other than the best she could. Even though we've had horrible experiences, where children sleep is largely a cultural thing and I don't want to fight but I don't think we have enough info to call anyone in this tragic situation stupid.

#445486 - 08/26/13 08:53 AM Re: 8yr old boy shared bedroom with 87 yr old woman? [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
No problem I don't take offence to your comment. I'm not calling the grandmother stupid, I mean it is stupid to try to use the fact that they slept in the same bedroom as a positive spin on the situation. Sure I understand they may have been doing their best in a bad situation (I know a mother who sleeps with her 9 year old daughter because they only have one room), and agree that as survivors we may project bad ideas on the situation, but it isn't a positive point in my mind, and they are using it as proof of a positive, which I think is stupid.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#445488 - 08/26/13 08:59 AM Re: 8yr old boy shared bedroom with 87 yr old woman? [Re: king tut]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

I read the same article either yesterday or the day before, and had the exact same reaction when I read the part where the boy slept in the same bed with the grandmother. I hate, hate, hate the idea of someone (apparently) loving an 8-year-old SO much they'd sleep in the same bed with him. I agree with Jacob about obviously projecting things because of our past, but that one line from the news gave me a good deal of trouble.

My Story

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.