Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (L84, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441851 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#44541 - 02/16/03 07:43 PM UK. radio documentary - available online.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Today the BBC has aired this documentary titled "Can pedophiles be cured ?"
It's a very good documentary and worth a listen, there was a phone in afterwards, and some of it might be here as well. ( I haven't listened to all of the online version )
The news does come in the middle of the programe as well, it's a straight recording from Sunday morning.
It was repeated on Sunday night in a longer, more thorough, version; unfortunately this isn't the one here.

Go to - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/

Look for the "FIVE LIVE" channel and click "LISTEN"
at the bottom you will see listed the "WEEKLY DOCUMENTARY SERIES" and listed there is "FIVE LIVE REPORT" - "CAN PEDOPHILES BE CURED" when the BBC's player comes up click "PLAY"

Unfortunately there isn't a URL link to go there directly so you have to go through all this to get there.

It's not too upsetting or triggering, but very interesting.

Dave

#44542 - 02/17/03 05:31 AM Re: UK. radio documentary - available online.
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA

#44543 - 02/17/03 01:57 PM Re: UK. radio documentary - available online.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Thanks Brian, I knew there should be a full URL for it but I couldn't find it on my browser last night no matter how often I went into it.

Dave

#44544 - 02/17/03 03:39 PM Re: UK. radio documentary - available online.
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Dave

Yeah I listened to the investigation at lunchtime and again tonight. Radio Five do cover abuse stories in depth sometimes.

Im always listening to Five as I'm a complete news junkie although I dont pretend to understand what half of it is about. I was going to tape it for our mutual counselling friend but it went clean out of my mind (as usual) but I do have a two page interview with a friend of mine (from the other chat room I use for survivors in the UK) his name is Mark and he did the interview for The Daily Mail last week I am in the process of transfering it to my pc and when I have finished, I will post it here. \:\)

Did you ever see the drama "Care" a few years back?

And all that was left was hope.

Archnut

#44545 - 02/17/03 07:03 PM Re: UK. radio documentary - available online.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Kirk
I have a very poor tape of the programe, reception of radio and TV are pretty dismal down here in the hole \:\( I'll have to get a satelite dish I suppose.

I didn't read the article in the Daily Mail, I try to avoid the rag if I can, it raises my blood pressure way too high ! But I'd love to read the article, it's the 'editorial' stuff that makes me scream in the Mail.

I think I have a tape of "Care" somewhere around the house, I remember it was very good.
I spoke to Stephen, the main witness, a few years back and I remember him saying that it was an accurate portrayal of what happened.
Sometimes I wonder if anything's changed - I hope it has. We have to hope.

I'm looking forward to the group tommorow Kirk, it's so good to look someone in the eye and say what I feel, what I know, express my hope as well.
Especially when the person looking back "knows"

Dave

#44546 - 02/18/03 08:17 AM Re: UK. radio documentary - available online.
brian-z Offline

Dave,

I might be worthwhile to send an Email to bbc.co.uk and asking if MS/NOMSV and have and host a copy of the broadcast. I'll have a look at the site ad see if I cant find an address for there PR dept.

Brian.

#44547 - 02/18/03 08:22 AM Re: UK. radio documentary - available online.
brian-z Offline

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.