Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (hike1972, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444504 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#445359 - 08/24/13 04:27 PM after a long absence *possible triggers*
indygal Offline

greetings to all -

I've been a member and very energetic advocate of this website for a number of years, but haven't posted recently so I will take a moment to re-introduce myself. I found MS originally upon learning about the csa history of a man I was involved with.

It was a life-changing event, both the relationship and learning about csa in men. I delved into the research and found out a lot about how I related to men was not necessarily appropriate all the time. Sometimes, yes, but not always. I learned that men, boys, could be victims ever bit as much as women and girls.

Unfortunately I also learned that there were other men in my life who were obviously csa survivors. Some were friends, others are relatives. Most of all, I learned that my son's actions were more likely than not based on his own survivor status.

I knew about this status but because he was so young at the time, I didn't think he knew about it. Then it occurred to me recently (I don't know why not sooner) that perhaps the time I knew about - when he was just a baby and which I took steps to stop - was perhaps not the only time. That there could have been other times, even other abusers.

This hit me as the proverbial bombshell. It also explained so much.

I will let this go now and post my questions below.

#445360 - 08/24/13 04:41 PM Re: after a long absence *possible triggers* [Re: indygal]
bcl092 Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Welcome back. I know what you mean, I just got over a rough period myself.

#445406 - 08/25/13 08:59 AM Re: after a long absence *possible triggers* [Re: indygal]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey indygal I hope that you can remember that whatever happened,it is Not Your Fault. I can only imagine the grief/anger you might be feeling. some of my csa happened at baby sitters and I have held anger about it not realizing that it was not anyone's fault but the perp. so I hope that you are not blaming yourself in any way. also as you consider getting help for your son think about yourself as well you will need all the support you can get
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#446602 - 09/07/13 12:37 AM Re: after a long absence *possible triggers* [Re: newground]
indygal Offline

Jeff - thank you for this. since I'm a mom, well, haven't you heard? everything is our fault. everything. case closed.

Originally Posted By: newground
hey indygal I hope that you can remember that whatever happened,it is Not Your Fault.

this is so good, bless you, and I think for the first time ever, someone has ever said this to me.

Originally Posted By: newground
I can only imagine the grief/anger you might be feeling. some of my csa happened at baby sitters and I have held anger about it not realizing that it was not anyone's fault but the perp. so I hope that you are not blaming yourself in any way. also as you consider getting help for your son think about yourself as well you will need all the support you can get
Jeff

I think some of the darkness just lifted. a bit.

#447070 - 09/13/13 04:44 AM Re: after a long absence *possible triggers* [Re: indygal]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
so glad to have you back.

a sincere welcome,
and my wish that you will find what you need here.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.