Newest Members
Greg Hston, Luckylarry1, mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai
12810 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
2 registered (lovehimalways, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12810 Members
75 Forums
66108 Topics
462072 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#445296 - 08/23/13 10:33 PM Little League World Series and Triggers
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Seems like no matter how much I try to avoid it, every year, some how I manage to see parts of games or news coverage about the Little League World Series. Now I was the furthest thing from an athlete in school and I would have never ever have been able to even make my local little league team regardless of the abuse. However it still triggers me (some good but mostly bad) when LLWS time comes around. It was especially bad when a town 20 miles away won the championship about 15 years ago, coverage was everywhere. You'd just about have to crawl into a fetal position and live in the bathroom not to have heard about it.

Even though my lack of athelticism, it still brings me back to what might have been. Sometimes, I'm happy for the kids, seeing what fun they were having and what others would focus on how I should have been having fun and being a kid back then.

Is this a trigger for anyone else?

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#445299 - 08/23/13 11:34 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: onlyakid

HUGE!

#445302 - 08/23/13 11:49 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: onlyakid]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: onlyakid

Jason

Yes. I have had big problems with what you describe. You did a good job of describing it. I have experienced a lot of it just as you describe.

The good part is that the therapy I have had seems to have worked, because my reactions have decreased tremendously.

Puffer

#445339 - 08/24/13 11:57 AM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: onlyakid]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
yep - just rubbed my face in how abnormal and how big a loser i was...

and then i would wonder if the same thing that happened to me in the locker room was happening to any of them...

even all of the "Normal" and BEST stuff was all somehow connected to abuse.
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#445350 - 08/24/13 02:44 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: onlyakid]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Chase Eric (11/21/13 08:49 PM)

Click my pic to see why I'm here.

#445374 - 08/24/13 08:04 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: Chase Eric]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I watched it again today. I had some observations. Maybe I see too much, or maybe I don't see enough.

The two young guys with the long blond hair?...Why... (really why)

There was one kid of about 11 in the stands. The TV camera centered on him for about 15 seconds (a long time in TV land). He looked extremely uncomfortable and his body language seemed to be trying to hide his privates with his arms. Why?

Puffer

#445376 - 08/24/13 08:18 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: pufferfish]
BraveFalcon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: pufferfish

Because it's kewl. cool This coming from a guy who had long hair for a lot of years. In the pregame interview they both said they agreed to cut it after the LLWS was over. I was actually kind of disappointed to hear that but oh well. It's their hair, they can do what they want with it. Sure hope the Cali boys beat Japan tomorrow! smile Peace,

Ken

#445384 - 08/24/13 10:42 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: pufferfish]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I watched it again today. I had some observations. Maybe I see too much, or maybe I don't see enough.

There was one kid of about 11 in the stands. The TV camera centered on him for about 15 seconds (a long time in TV land). He looked extremely uncomfortable and his body language seemed to be trying to hide his privates with his arms. Why?

Puffer

The long hair styles are popular like Ken says, espcially since this is California. These hairstyles tend to have a surfer aspect to them.

The kid who was uncomfortable and shielding his privates. Perhaps he was just having an unwanted erection he was embarrassed about. Unfortunately we can't know if there are any other signs that might point more towards abuse.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#445386 - 08/24/13 11:26 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: onlyakid]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Mostly I'm happy for the kids.
But I was first abused at 11. I catch myself wondering how many of the kids are like me at 11 or 12, sexualized, or hurt, or ashamed.
Then I try to go back to being happy for them and hope they have a great game/life/whatever.
Those guys really put their hearts into the game.

#445439 - 08/25/13 06:26 PM Re: Little League World Series and Triggers [Re: Onesimus75]
BraveFalcon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Congrats to the kids from Japan for winning it all. I was disappointed for the Cali kids though. I was rooting for them. While I wouldn't call the LLWS a trigger for me, I do hate having to see the boys that loose crying on the field afterwards. Their little harts broken and their little dreams dashed. That always really gets to me. The LLWS itself isn't a trigger but images of crying children is a HUGE one. One of those Cali boys in particular looked really heartbroken and had tears streaming down his face. It was a sight that hurt to see and the second he was on camera, I immediately choked up myself with tears welling up in my own eyes. I found myself wanting to hug him and hoping he has a caring adult somewhere nearby to do just that. I'm sure he'll be ok though, even if it takes a while to swallow the bitter pill of disappointment, which it may. Peace,

Ken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.