Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443006 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#445290 - 08/23/13 08:06 PM Is it possible?
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Is it possible to agree just to disagree about somethings?

Is it possible to start a topic without baiting others, or condemning them or a whole group because they understand or believe differently?

Is it possible to read a thread and say, that's not me but I'm not going to throw out hate and anger at another survivor?

Is it possible to talk without the F-Bomb coming out or more labels being slapped on others?

Is it possible just to ignore threads where the topics are not ones I'm interested in?

Is it possible to say the rules say respect everyone, and really does mean everyone?

Is it possible to say we all have different paths to healing?

Is it possible to ask a question and actually get an answer other then silence?

Yes, I think it's all possible. I am not perfect at any of those things but I have tried, and will keep trying. I can only get better through practice, through working with my T and for me, staying true to my Faith. I don't expect everyone here will even agree with the Faith I hold, and that's ok. Others have to do what works for them.

What I don't think works for any survivor is to be treated just like the perps treated us; with anger, disregard, shouting down and ignorance. I don't speak for everyone, but for me I know I've had enough of that in my life.

It is all possible.

#445291 - 08/23/13 08:07 PM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
agreed

War
Love
Poetry

#445336 - 08/24/13 11:44 AM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i am all in with you two!!
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#445337 - 08/24/13 11:48 AM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

That's two, only 11,625 to go. Thanks guys!

#445355 - 08/24/13 03:09 PM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Yes it IS all possible...highlight the invisible ink below for the buzz-kill qualifier.

except that, in the past, others have felt that "spirituality" equates with Christianity...and that Christianity equates with ALL organized religion...and that Catholicism (being one of those org rels) has nard-kicks and pooh-flings due...and that those who have these and related views seem to feel a default socially accepted license to demean and criticize/attack based on a false security that "everyone thinks this about those damn Christian fools --- don't they?"

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#445387 - 08/24/13 11:46 PM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
I just said those words today , can't we agree to just disagree . Indeed brother indeed
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#445402 - 08/25/13 07:10 AM Re: Is it possible? [Re: Still]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Still
Yes it IS all possible...highlight the invisible ink below for the buzz-kill qualifier.

except that, in the past, others have felt that "spirituality" equates with Christianity...and that Christianity equates with ALL organized religion...and that Catholicism (being one of those org rels) has nard-kicks and pooh-flings due...and that those who have these and related views seem to feel a default socially accepted license to demean and criticize/attack based on a false security that "everyone thinks this about those damn Christian fools --- don't they?"

that cuts both ways. I run into my share of Christians who have no trouble telling me that despite anything I say, the real reason I left the faith is because I'm an immoral nihilist who doesn't want to have to face my sin. No matter what angle you're coming from, you'll always find someone who thinks they can assume everything.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#445411 - 08/25/13 11:28 AM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

Re-read #'s 3, 5 and 7 Jacob. Don't engage people who get in your face maybe, and don't get in others faces. I've run into my share of non-christians who throw down all kinds of labels on me because they don't know me, or get my faith, like "hater" "intolerant" etc. It's what I believe and you don't have to agree, I'll respect that. Respect, however, cuts both ways too. I totally agree that some people think they can assume everything, while telling you if you do the same thing that you're wrong. That argument is usually followed up with "I'm just more enlightened then you are" and I'm learning that people who claim to be super-enlightened, often are not.

Edited by BuffaloCO (08/25/13 11:32 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#445417 - 08/25/13 01:32 PM Re: Is it possible? [Re: BuffaloCO]
freeze-on Offline

Loc: southeast
writing off the cuff, pardon me.

like sweet brown.....I dont have time for that.......I will share when I sense it is right. I wont argue. I wont demean. I just know that when i was in the middle of my mess that He reached down and intervened in "a" life, through a nudge and thru perfect healing and un-shaming.

It is difficult not to share when i know in the marrow of my being that had it not been for divine intervention every day i could not survive.

it is just plain hard to keep it inside, realizing all wont agree.

and the sad thing is though i never departed from the faith, i got in such a whole, blaming, that i could have said some pretty negative anti-religious things due to my pain. of which i also know came from a broken place and may have entered a bantering of sorts amidst my confusion. but the great thing about it is he can handle all my anger and whining against him, and unlike people He keeps on keeping on...what freedom,,,,,and responsibility.

peace bro's

#445440 - 08/25/13 06:27 PM Re: Is it possible? [Re: Jacob S]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Jacob S
I run into my share of Christians who have no trouble telling me that despite anything I say, the real reason I left the faith is because I'm an immoral nihilist who doesn't want to have to face my sin.

This is very true. they are called individuals. Are they frequently white people? Are they always males? This is why we don't put every white or every male on trial for drunk driving....or tax evasion...or whatever. We try the individual.

When we attack categories, we are certain to get things completely wrong with many individuals within that category.

I was kept silent for decades because "those kids are destined to be sex offenders themselves."

Categorical treatment is dangerous.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.