Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, 5 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443077 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#445259 - 08/23/13 02:27 PM Sometimes it gets too much
nidge Offline

Does anyone else ever get to a point where you're clenching fists, pacing the room and think you might explode. I get this sometimes...like a Tsunami over me...any coping ideas?

#445262 - 08/23/13 02:38 PM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: nidge]
Rambler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Planet Earth
Take a breath?

#445326 - 08/24/13 10:41 AM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: nidge]
F.A. Offline

Loc: United States
Oh yes that happens and as Rambler said take a breath is may sound to simple but I found out when I get like this I am not breathing

To be sick is to be fragmented. To be healed is to become whole, and to become whole one must be in harmony with family, friends, and nature" -Navajo-
Blog: http://csafresno.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/CSAFresno
My Story: http://tinyurl.com/78upvvu

#445363 - 08/24/13 05:00 PM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: nidge]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: nidge
Does anyone else ever get to a point where you're clenching fists, pacing the room and think you might explode.

Does that happen to me? Only a few times a week. Usually not more than once a day with each instance only lasting most of the day. Not all the time though. Just a lot of time.

To be honest I am all to familiar with the cocktail of anger, anxiety and angst that causes this. When it comes to coping methods I have healthy ones and unhealthy ones. Healthy ones include working out, running, listening to loud angry music, and posting here. Unhealthy ones include breaking things, beating myself up verbally, and drinking myself into a nice, placid stupor. Good luck finding and implementing your own coping methods. Peace,

Ken

#445366 - 08/24/13 05:12 PM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: nidge]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Yes. At least once a week, usually at night, sometimes moreso depending... the anxiety or whatever it is, climbing into my bones making them feel heavy, my system becomes nonfunctional. I usually get up and move around, trying to distract myself, my mind. Usually I am successful and other times I am not..... then I am not myself anymore.....

#445370 - 08/24/13 06:14 PM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: GeorgeMartin]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My take on this is there is a subconscious memory which makes you feel anxious. If so then it can be treated by talking it out with a counselor. And/or write it out.

Falcon's idea of exercise seems wise.

Puffer

#445371 - 08/24/13 06:36 PM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: nidge]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Meditation.

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#445372 - 08/24/13 07:34 PM Re: Sometimes it gets too much [Re: nidge]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Exercise works well for me.
So does meditation/prayer.
One thing that has helped me to cope when things are really bad is to write out what I'm feeling on a piece of paper. It makes me slow down and sort through the feelings.
MB doesn't really ever seem to help, or other sex stuff 'cause half the time I just feel worse after if memories/flashbacks get involved.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.