Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444985 - 08/21/13 06:26 PM What's A Good Mother Like?
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

I really don't know. I just don't. It makes me teary typing this and admitting this - I never had a loving, caring mother who I could trust. There were often days when I'd google 'loving mother' or look up 'femininity' on wikipedia to at least intellectually grasp what it might be, or might've been like, to be loved by a mother.

I happened to come across an old thread named 'Mother's Day' and it triggered me. My mother doesn't love me...she used and abused me. All this time on MS, this is the first time I've let those thoughts out...
The ratio of good to bad people in this world will always be tipped in favor of the latter. Always. But that ratio in your own social circle, you can control. And there, and only there, can the balance be favorably tipped, so that those who love you far outnumber those who don't.

#444995 - 08/21/13 06:44 PM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I wrote a poem on here a few years back called A TV Mom, as in how a TV mom would have treated me so much better.

I call that day Mother Issues Day.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#445046 - 08/22/13 12:08 AM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
bey Offline

Loc: canada
My best girl friend has a 14 month old and whenever I see them together I can't stop watching the way they interact. Last time she was over she had spent a long time getting the baby down for a nap and when she came out of the room and sat down about a minute later the baby cried out. She stood up and was all exasperated and kinda stomped off down the hall. But when she got to the baby she picked her up and was just rocking and cuddling her, not mad at all. And that little baby just lays on her mom like she has nothing to fear in the world. That unconditional love, a safe person, a trustworthy person, I didn't have that either. Thank god that my friends baby knows nothing but love and acceptance and safety. She is such a happy and calm little baby who is going to grow up trusting that whatever she does her mother loves her, and she will grow up believing that the world should be kind to her and she will fight back when it isn't.
We both deserved that, husky, and it's shitty that we had mothers who couldn't deliver.

#445071 - 08/22/13 07:33 AM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
((((Husky))))

#445111 - 08/22/13 02:01 PM . [Re: concerned_husky]
JoeSmith Offline

#445152 - 08/22/13 06:14 PM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys frown

It was good to let this out and get your feedback, as painful as it is coming to terms with this...
The ratio of good to bad people in this world will always be tipped in favor of the latter. Always. But that ratio in your own social circle, you can control. And there, and only there, can the balance be favorably tipped, so that those who love you far outnumber those who don't.

#445233 - 08/23/13 08:15 AM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
i think my mother was a good one - until she married husband #2. something in her died when my real father died (i was almost 3). i was almost 6 when she re-married. then i lost her completely - as far as emotional connection. and she just went through the motions. looked VERY good from the outside - overcompensation - but empty. i was never physically hungry or dirty or badly clothed or sheltered. we were affluent and had the status props. but i needed so much more. and all i got was the step-dad's cruelty.

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#449180 - 10/04/13 04:09 PM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
nowhere2go Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
My mother never sexually abused me (but loves if not enjoys mental torment), sexual abuse was from other women ("friends" of my mother, neighbors, etc), my mother rather instilled in my heart and mind that being male = all the evil in the world. Granted she was raped by her father (my grandfather) throughout her youth thus in hindsight it's not a shocker she would be this way. She has such a problem she used to talk about Megan....my sister. Problem with this is Megan was NEVER born - she was stillborn couple years before I came around. Hard to live up to a corpse but was compared to "Megan" all the time (apparently Megan is a talented and gifted stillborn). She was so wrapped up in her world she didn't know friends/neighbors and her son's pediatrician were sexually abusing her living son. Foolishly when i was able to talk about it I went to her...bad idea. She didn't believe me and I was punished for "lying". Constantly was punished for "lying" about the truth. Now I cannot stand being in the same room with her, feel she is as bad as those who abused me.

Edited by nowhere2go (10/04/13 04:11 PM)

#449306 - 10/05/13 10:36 PM Re: What's A Good Mother Like? [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Hey, nowhere2go.

Your story about being instilled with a self-hatred is something I identify with. It has taken a lot of time, patience, and grueling steps in and out of my own darkness, but I do feel a lot less of it now.

There were years that I thought that nothing short of sex change would help me be a man. These were fleeting thoughts and feelings that I didn't pay much mind to, but now I realize what had let up to them and what had slowly, over time, instilled this in my heart and mind. Inside it all was my own kind of fear that I wasn't paying attention to.

It's been an ongoing battle talking to my family and trying to have good communication with my kids' mom. There are moments when I could go either way: replace my male feelings with the safer and more familiar female opinion which I was quietly asked to uphold, or remind myself of what a man feels, since I am one. Each time I give myself the space to do that, it's like some new soil is watered and the roots of who I am are nourished. It ain't easy by any means, dealing with all this confusion. But staying grounded in this reality is possible, and can provide some stability and perspective to begin the healing process.

I understand the difficulty of getting others to understand. My mother recently described to me her own sexual abuse. Now I can see how her blinders were formed.

In the end, however, it is up to myself to enjoy who I am and thrive in it. This has been a good place to explore what it means to me as I hear the same from others.

Hope you can keep up trying. It's worth the struggle.

FB

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.