Newest Members
Greg Hston, Luckylarry1, mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai
12810 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alejandro58 (57), Carlos (41), Green (70), tonyasaved (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (Luther, 5 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12810 Members
75 Forums
66108 Topics
462062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#446370 - 09/03/13 08:44 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Husky -

i have followed this thread with interest and excitement - willing you on to do well. i am in no way a musician - so didn't feel i had anything to add - but then thought of how i would feel before a play and see if that might transfer. so - here it is - for whatever it is worth.

in preparing for a performance an actor must become the character he or she is portraying. i am guessing that you have chosen pieces of music that speak to you deeply and express something that you intensely wish to communicate. with that in mind - may you "become the music" - lose yourself in the moment and play for the joy (and any other relevant emotion) of the compositions - and not just for the audience's approval. i hope you won't even think of success or failure - or any degrees thereof. my favorite director always told us just before curtain - "have fun with it!"

all the best as you finish well,
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#446939 - 09/11/13 10:09 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by concerned_husky (08/31/15 09:43 PM)
Edit Reason: Reducing ties with MS.

#447008 - 09/12/13 05:54 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
Rich1967 Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Husky,

I'm so excited for you! Break a leg. I looked it up and apparently that phrase is ok for musicians as well as actors just in case there was some confusion as to whether I was really talking to Lee or to you :-)

I hope you let us know how it turns out.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#447136 - 09/13/13 07:20 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Husky:

I know it doesn't really apply but.....rock on.

FB

#447362 - 09/16/13 02:32 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by concerned_husky (08/31/15 09:44 PM)
Edit Reason: Reducing ties with MS.

#447363 - 09/16/13 03:11 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
Rich1967 Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Thank you so much for letting us know how it turned out. It's been a journey for you and one that you were able to share with us and I'm sure it has and will help others on their journey. It was awesomely hopeful and inspiring for me - thank you.

I'm very happy for you that you see it as a great leaning experience even though it wasn't perfect. You really did learn a lot of things that will help you along the way.

I'm sure the next concert will be even better, and the next one...

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#447398 - 09/16/13 09:13 PM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
BraveFalcon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Huskey. Good for you for going through with it. I know it took a hell of a lot of courage to get up in front of people when you had doubts about yourself. Don't feel bad that things didn't go perfectly. I know I've heard interviews in the past with famous and successful musicians who say that their first concerts were a disaster and they kept at it until they were famous and successful. You say that your concert wasn't a disaster, so it sounds like you're ahead of the game there. Thank you for sharing your story and your experience with us here. I only wish I could have been in the audience that night. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#447416 - 09/17/13 12:09 AM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, 93451
Jesus, Husky. I feel so lucky that I logged in today and read this post.

I am so proud of you - and for you.

Your new understandings are exactly what I and we need to read.

Congratulations, a million times. Your talent, and your effort, speak for all of us, and speak especially for you - Husky: survivor and thriver.

Thank you for being brave. Thank you for doing this concert humbly, and wirh an open mind, as we should all approach our journey. I feel like you are a living a Greek myth, where a man triumphs over circumstances thrown at him by the gods simply by persevering, and by being human. I'm human too, as we all are. Isn't that wonderful? We are small and we can do great things. I mean great in human scale, in terms of the lessons we can learn by taking a risk.

I respect you and the example you set enormously.

Geoff

#447421 - 09/17/13 12:54 AM Re: Transcending CSA in Realizing a Dream [Re: concerned_husky]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Husky,

I am so glad to hear about your journey with the concert. Really you have just documented the SOLUTION as it applies to survivors. You took us from the idea, through the planning, through the actual experience, and now finally to the outcome since that experience. All the time, you have let us come along on your inner journey with the challenges from the CSA, how it has opened up new areas of thought, and how you have swatted those concerns and challenges aside and pushed forward. All of which led to new revelations you may never have had if you would have never done it.

I am very inspired by this thread. You are a winner and my hero for doing this concert. I am sure it was beautiful music because it came from your heart. This post is certainly music to my ears. Keep moving onward and upward!!

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.