Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (AL-S, CheerfulJohn), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64019 Topics
446781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#445113 - 08/22/13 02:21 PM a big deal for you
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
It was years ago when my therapists' words let me accept that I was a victim. He wasn't even my regular guy, who was unavailable at that office at that time. (I was just finishing therapy for suicidal tendencies at the time.)

I've heard the stories, read some of the brave things people have put places like this. So many have suffered so much more than I think anyone should ever need to even think of, and no one should ever experience.

But here I was with all the signs, and I just hated myself worse for it. If such little things were done to me and I was this messed up, it was proof that I was even worse than the *real* survivors.

"What about what's happened to you? Have you considered doing anything about the fact of your abuse?"
"You've read my file. What happened to me was no big deal. I know what other guys have gone through."
"B. Does it have to be a Big Deal on some scale for it to be a Big Deal for you?"

And he was right.

It's been a hard road since then. Lots to deal with. Sexual compulsions, unwanted memories, fantasies, worse. Never felt worth anything since the abuse. Never felt like I ever had a hope or future worth working towards.

But it turns out there was hope out there. Lots in my church body. Some good therapists. Some good and long-suffering friends.

Not fixed yet. Work in progress to be completed After. But strong enough to step out and say here I am. Maybe strong enough to ask for help. Maybe strong enough to give some. We'll see.

Sigh. I have an English degree and typing this simple synopsis scares the snot out of my. (Forgive me, I retreat to alliteration when stressed.)

Edited by Onesimus75 (08/22/13 02:22 PM)

#445120 - 08/22/13 03:11 PM Re: a big deal for you [Re: Onesimus75]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Hey Onesimus75,

Glad you are/were in therapy. I wonder if I ever won't be. I don't see my T on a regular basis anymore, but I do feel the need to see him once in a while as new stuff surfaces.

It doesn't matter how you were abused. You were and it had an effect on you. I have a cousin who wasn't sexually abused, but his sense of worthlessness is maybe more than mine because his step father wouldn't even acknowledge his existence for 2 year. No one will judge you here and I think you will find there are a lot of other guys here with the same feelings you are having and have had.

I don't know if I will ever be fixed, but I'm not going to stop trying. The alternative is even more unthinkable now.

Welcome and I think you will find a lot of good stuff here to help you.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#445125 - 08/22/13 04:05 PM Re: a big deal for you [Re: Onesimus75]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Thanks, Rich. I'm glad I came. I read a while before deciding to join and I know there are good things here.

Glad to meet ya.

#445182 - 08/22/13 10:59 PM Re: a big deal for you [Re: Onesimus75]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hi Onesimus,

Welcome to MS. We are a bunch of odd socks going round and round in the dryer of life. Hows that for alliteration?

Seriously, this a great place to get support and learn, among other things, that you are not alone in this. We've all had different experiences, (yes, some more horrific than others) but all have similar issues with relationships, sex, identity, self-worth, anger, fear, and on and on....

Be well and don't give up.

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#445183 - 08/22/13 11:05 PM Re: a big deal for you [Re: Onesimus75]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome Onesimus75!

the more you share the more you get.

i am glad you found your way here.

we have a pleasing poetry section for language lovers.

may you find all the answers you need!

War
Love
Poetry

#445235 - 08/23/13 08:30 AM Re: a big deal for you [Re: Onesimus75]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Onesimus - glad to meet you - even under these circumstances.

Originally Posted By: Onesimus75
"B. Does it have to be a Big Deal on some scale for it to be a Big Deal for you?"

And he was right.

very true!

It's been a hard road since then. Lots to deal with. Sexual compulsions, unwanted memories, fantasies, worse. Never felt worth anything since the abuse. Never felt like I ever had a hope or future worth working towards.

that was me for a L-O-N-G time. i was wrong in thinking there was no hope.

But it turns out there was hope out there. Lots in my church body. Some good therapists. Some good and long-suffering friends.

very good - my story too - counselling, supportive friend and wife, MS site, lots of reading and writing - and my faith in God - have all contributed to my progress.

Not fixed yet. Work in progress to be completed After. But strong enough to step out and say here I am. Maybe strong enough to ask for help. Maybe strong enough to give some. We'll see.

good to know and a good place to be...

Sigh. I have an English degree and typing this simple synopsis scares the snot out of my. (Forgive me, I retreat to alliteration when stressed.)

you are forgiven. i am an english teacher - one way i act out is by abusing punctuation, spelling and grammer and neglecting capitalization!

welcome, man!
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#445327 - 08/24/13 10:44 AM Re: a big deal for you [Re: Onesimus75]
F.A. Offline

Loc: United States

Not fixed yet. Work in progress to be completed After. But strong enough to step out and say here I am. Maybe strong enough to ask for help. Maybe strong enough to give some.

Remember that statement it is powerful. We all feel the same way at many times.

To be sick is to be fragmented. To be healed is to become whole, and to become whole one must be in harmony with family, friends, and nature" -Navajo-
Blog: http://csafresno.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/CSAFresno
My Story: http://tinyurl.com/78upvvu

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.