Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (RebeccaW, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63792 Topics
445485 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#445083 - 08/22/13 09:27 AM Trusting myself
Lenny Offline

Loc: Kansas
I am a bit confused. I hear some people say put all of my trust and belief in God and not trust myself. I hear others say that to trust and believe in God and trust and believe in myself. When I think about trusting and believing in myself I feel that it is not right. I want to trust and believe in myself but I question if this is what God wants me to do. I am afraid that it's not living the way God wants. But when I think about my girls, as a father, I want them to trust and believe in themselves, why would God want the same for me?

#445716 - 08/28/13 01:02 PM Re: Trusting myself [Re: Lenny]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Hey, Lenny. For what its worth, imo- you can trust in God if that is what you wish. Many people do. You can trust in yourself, plan for your present and your future. That is what many people do. Only you can answer the question of how to blend the trust issue between you and your God. I think you will figure it out. As a father of grown children, who brought the children up to believe in a greater good, a higher power, a God- I also taught them to believe and trust in themselves. I think it is working well for them.

To perhaps answer the question of why God might want you to trust in yourself as well as in Him... maybe He is desiring that YOU see the goodness and gifts that lie within. How much better would the world be if you recognized and utilized those gifts in displaying the Love we are to share? I don't know. It's just a thought. But your question touched me as well, and I wanted to bump it forward because it deserves attention.

My spirituality is just now reawakening and the deepness of what I am feeling is beginning to cause me to feel this impending burst of energy and explosion. So thanks, man, for addressing an issue I am also thinking of. My best.

bill

Edited by ThisMan (08/28/13 01:03 PM)

#445871 - 08/29/13 02:44 PM Re: Trusting myself [Re: Lenny]
Lenny Offline

Loc: Kansas
Thank you for the feedback. A friend made the point that it is common, usually due to the teachings of the modern church, that trust has become an either/or when it comes to ourselves and God. His thoughts are, since we are in relationship with God, just like anyone else, trust is and/both and it is not something to view as an object/mind set to obtain. It is the product of the growing relationship, just like with my wife. I trust myself and her to make the right decisions for the sake of our marriage. Therefore I can trust myself to make decisions that are in my best interest, based in love, and I trust God to guide me in ways that are in my best interest based in his love for me.

#445908 - 08/29/13 10:34 PM Re: Trusting myself [Re: Lenny]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Your self-discovery made me smile, Lenny. Thanks for sharing your conclusion.
b

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.