Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (focusedbody, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443355 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444579 - 08/18/13 12:32 AM Military Bullying triggers possibly
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I was in the Louisiana Army National Guard 205th Engineer Batallion under the 225th Engineer Battalion from 2003-2009 with 2 or 3 years on inactive duty. Because of the abuse suffered as a kid and having to take meds although being cleared by a psychiatrist to go into military, I was bullied and ganged up on by fellow soldiers while I was at my unit (not basic, mind you). Nothing was done, even an E6 or E7 saw it and said ''don't let them f--k you in the a--''. One woman E7 from another unit grabbed my ass.

I eventually started drinking, cutting. About a week before drill, I started to get nervous, lose sleep, drink, beat myself to make myself ''tougher'', was suicidal. I left to go to a rehab in Arizona in around 2005 and told the guy in charge but was too ashamed and intimidated to tell anyone about the bullying. It's 2013. I still have trouble holding down a job and going to school.

I tried going to school back when I was in the guard but kept failing out because of all the stuff I was going through. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Does anyone know if I can sue the military? My life is in shambles and I'm fighting to get better everyday. The 205th Regiment has since been taken over by the 1021st. Thank you.

#444585 - 08/18/13 02:50 AM Re: Military Bullying triggers possibly [Re: sportinrucks]
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I would even worry the night before drill so much that I would vomit

#444637 - 08/18/13 10:33 PM Re: Military Bullying triggers possibly [Re: sportinrucks]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
If you can show that your problems were made worse by the effects of being bullied in the military .
I suggest that you contact the local DAV Rep. It sounds to me like you have symptoms of PTSD

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#444921 - 08/21/13 10:05 AM Re: Military Bullying triggers possibly [Re: sportinrucks]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Short answer, no you cannot sue the military for sexual assault/harassment. Survivors just recently lost a suit at the Fourth Circuit based on these types of claims.
http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/121065.P.pdf

I'd suggest contacting a Veterans Service Officer to see about filing a claim with the VA.
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.