Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (Jwmcd2), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444598 - 08/18/13 10:58 AM Dates
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I'm on a free dating site. I decided a little while ago that I want to go on a date, no matter how inappropriate (eg. even if I don't think the girl is my type, lives too far away etc).

I decided I just want to get an experience dating, and hope that will help me to find a girlfriend eventually. There are girls in everyday life that I like, and who I think like me, but they have long-term boyfriends (everybody i know is taken).

As of last night, after sending about 50 messages, I have two girls who have replied! I'm not very good at conversation, but i'm going to try to talk to both of them. The problem with these sites is the girls never try hard to keep the conversation going as they are in demand, so it is up to the guys to do the talking, which is a bit of a weakness of mine. Also during the week I don't really have time to think about talking to girls, but i'm trying to make time.

Anyway, I don't know why i'm posting this...I guess i'm just avoiding answering the messages that the two girls have sent me as it makes me nervous. It mostly makes me nervous not because i'm scared of the girls, but scared that I am giving myself too many things to do all at once (doing my phd- which has many projects within it, trying to make extra money by a tutoring idea, beaver and cub scout leader, childrens commissioner for wales work, learning to drive, my exercise routine, and I think more things that i'm forgetting...). I may be able to handle all of these things right now, but when I am stressed I become really single minded and focused on the task at hand and start chopping unnecessary things out of my life in order to survive. Dating is one of those things that I would chop, so i'm cautious about starting it.

But I don't intend on having a relationship, or being too emotionally involved in the process (before the date), I just want to go on a date, and see how it goes.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444606 - 08/18/13 03:26 PM Re: Dates [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

The one girl is still talking to me- she is quite forward, the whole flirting thing has been going on at a crazy speed, I think I have done fairly well at conversation, but it keeps going on and on and on, she has been talking all day, I have things to do!

She wants to call on the phone but I've put that off for now with an excuse- I hate talking on the phone. She pretty much asked to meet-up today! She is a fast mover, so I've held that back. She pretty much invited me to go watch some DVDs with her, and I don't even know her!

I will take this slowly and carefully.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444609 - 08/18/13 04:28 PM Re: Dates [Re: king tut]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
oh man, that sounds like she was more than experienced on those sites.
I knew one girl who would say: "I need to find date in next couple of hours" and than she would go chatting and mailing till she would arrange it. Sometimes she would make it two in a row, lol.

Good that you follow your instincts and needs.

I never liked such quick and direct set ups, it is just not for me...

#444696 - 08/19/13 03:35 PM Re: Dates [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Turns out the girl was probably a fake, she has multiple mobile numbers, so it makes me suspicious, and it doesn't feel right, so i'm done with internet dating

#444766 - 08/20/13 07:46 AM Re: Dates [Re: king tut]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: king tut
Turns out the girl was probably a fake, she has multiple mobile numbers, so it makes me suspicious, and it doesn't feel right, so i'm done with internet dating

What the heck is wrong with these people that they would even do that? But I've come to ask that question far too many times on other sites too.

Still's Globs

New Video

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.