Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (VASurvivor, finallyhere, A74, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443346 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#319202 - 01/17/10 06:21 PM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: Still]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I viewed it some time ago. It certainly triggered me. But that's on me since it was flagged as triggering......In other words, I knew that when I opened it to view it. What my perp did was NOT something I knew ahead of time.....this movie clip was. I'll be more careful next time....

#319216 - 01/17/10 09:34 PM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: Still]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hey guys,

I remember seeing this film quite a while ago. I didn't like the edited version in the youtube clip with the song from Mary Chapin Carpenter I think. Seeing the whole movie is a much more balanced experience and it doesn't have the song that is suggesting something adult in its words. Like Peter, I liked the movie though the boy does get used emotionally if not physically. I guess the writer of the film wanted to believe that it might be possible for an adult to maintain sexual boundaries with a kid. The film would have you hoping that this is what really happened. Who knows. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

Taz

#319262 - 01/18/10 10:49 AM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: Dale English]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey,

I have seen this movie. I loved it. I don't see anything sexual going on. I had great NON-sexual relationships with older guys as a teen. They were great friends. In my early adulthood until I was 26 I was a big brother to 4 teens. We had a great connection - nothing sexual.

I can see others thinking this though. A lot of the population does not see a problem.

It is interesting how we view this movie.

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#319288 - 01/18/10 02:57 PM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: DJsport]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell

excuse me.. but all u guys who keep sayin u couldnt see anything sexual goin on mustve seen a very different version of this film..

in my version theres a scene were a naked man lies on top of a naked 12 year old boy.. strokes his head .. calls him prince n says "ure mine"..
he then offers his hand for the boy to bite down on n u can see that wotever is happening next is causin the boy pain..

i have either seen a very different version or adults r a lot more naive than i thought

this film triggered me so bad ...

#319303 - 01/18/10 05:34 PM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: boylikeme]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi my fraternal brothers.

Well, not haven seen the whole Story/complete film, I had based my reply on what i had seen in the clip.

But, my fraternal brother, then i would have to agree with your assesment.

But, because of my past history of abuse, i still can see me as that boy. Including what you had seen. Sad fact, but true.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete..but 1 (Irishmoose).

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#319405 - 01/19/10 02:28 PM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: petercorbett]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

As a survivor, I reserve the right to be naive. I am very compassionate what my brothers in recovery are feeling and seeing.

When I watch this movie again I will keep my eyes open.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#320424 - 01/27/10 10:02 PM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: Still]
Sir Vyver Offline

Loc: USA
This was a painful thing to watch.

#320992 - 02/02/10 01:24 AM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: Sir Vyver]
temeraire Offline

Loc: SOUTH AFRICA
TRIGGERING

The trailers and the clips on you tube are all a little decieving they portray this amazing relationship between a boy and an older man, I must admit I wanted the same thing just wanted a father figure just to be loved. But like the boy in the movie, and myself, did he want the sex no I dint think so. I connected to the sex scene and it brought out feelings and memeories long supressed namely what he was about do was not right that feeling is instinctive but you trusted him as he tells you that he loves you and he will never hurt you so you go along with it. They do try and make this movie out to be a boy love movie but dam it is nothing more than a portrayal of sexual abuce.

#444584 - 08/18/13 02:46 AM Re: For a Lost Soldier [Re: boylikeme]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: boylikeme

excuse me.. but all u guys who keep sayin u couldnt see anything sexual goin on mustve seen a very different version of this film..

in my version theres a scene were a naked man lies on top of a naked 12 year old boy.. strokes his head .. calls him prince n says "ure mine"..
he then offers his hand for the boy to bite down on n u can see that wotever is happening next is causin the boy pain..

i have either seen a very different version or adults r a lot more naive than i thought

this film triggered me so bad ...

This is about a boy who was lonely. Desperate for love. He found someone to give that to him. But at what price? The fact that a child is lonely does not absolve the adult. If the adult truly loved the child, he could have made him feel special without asking for certain things in return.

Sorry for the massive bump. I've been thinking about this movie all day and needed to share my feelings somewhere. Such a subtle but ultimately disgusting twist on what it means to love someone.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.