Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
7 registered (Dave PNW, finallyhere, 5 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 17 of 26 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#444251 - 08/13/13 10:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Ok quick update...

Sunday: Mix bag. Light exercise on Sunday. Went to a baseball game with my dad and got a little exercise running from the stdium to the car to beat traffic, but that was only about 1/2 to 2/3 of a mile. Also swam in my parents pool a little that day but didn't do laps or anything. Had a roast pork loin and potatoes for dinner that night but didn't eat much else all day. Drank lots of beer.

Monday: 3.5 mile run. Didn't eat a lot but had hot wings and fries for dinners. Yeah, that was naughty.

Today: 3.5 mile run. Protein bar for breakfast, then a turkey and ham sandwich for lunch with half a slice of pepper jack cheese and no mayo. Have five wings left from last night to eat but other than that just low calorie soup. Also, been snacking on a few peanuts. That's it for now. Peace,

Ken

#444323 - 08/14/13 07:13 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Exercised yesterday and today, going strong! was tired coming home, and had paperwork to do, but I fitted it in!

Thanks for the info Will, in theory then I should move to heavier weights, but for now as I don't want to buy heavier ones yet i'll keep increasing my reps a bit longer with these weights.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444324 - 08/14/13 07:15 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

My diet hasn't been so good- i'm back to large portions and cookies for breakfast, but i'll get there!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444330 - 08/14/13 08:13 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Today: 3.5 mile run. Protein bar for breakfast, then another turkey and ham sandwich for lunch with half a slice of pepper jack cheese and this time a little mayo. For dinner it's grilled chicken breast with low calorie soup.

For whatever reason, my left elbow is still bothering me on and off so I've been staying away from the weights, hoping it will get better but it doesn't seem to be. I am tempted to return to the weights anyway and just hope the problem goes away on it's own but I'm afraid it may get worse. Maybe I should just give it another week or two and see what happens. Probably just a little tendinitis. Hopefully it will go away soon. Peace,

Ken

#444424 - 08/15/13 07:01 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Today's diet and exercise was pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday's. Nothing new or exciting, but on-track no less. Peace,

Ken

#444425 - 08/15/13 07:13 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Todays exercise done. Thinking of a jog tomorrow to mix it up.

Does anyone stretch before or after exercise? My exercise isn't very intensive I suppose and doesn't seem to require much stretching.

However, at the end I try touching my toes a couple of times. It seems to help.
Anyway- now I can touch my toes fairly well and I hold it for 10secs.

I'm now thinking of doing the splits (with legs out at sides)- I just had a go- i'm quite a way off, but I think it is achievable over a couple of months to a year even, I think I have a technique that could work. If i'm exercising every day I figure adding 30secs or a minute or two to my exercise to try to do the splits (I always wanted to be able to do the splits when I was younger- not sure why lol) is worth it. I can satisfy 'little lewis' if I am finally able to do them lol. It does feel better after stretching like that too.

#444434 - 08/15/13 08:14 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Oh yeah...

Definitely stretch before you exercise. It will help with flexibility and help prevent injury. Give yourself at least 10 minutes to stretch the various muscle groups. A cool-down regimen of a few minutes of low-intensity work is also helpful.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#444436 - 08/15/13 08:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: king tut

Does anyone stretch before or after exercise?

Always. Although maybe not as much as I should. I can be kind of impatient getting my work out started. That's because I want to get through it and get it over with. Hee-hee.

#444484 - 08/16/13 01:01 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Jay1946 Online   content

Loc: Miami, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: king tut

Does anyone stretch before or after exercise? My exercise isn't very intensive I suppose and doesn't seem to require much stretching.

I'm 66 years old and a runner. Im presently doing 3 miles 3 times a week during the week and a 6 miler on the weekends.

I don't stretch...I'm too lazy. But, I walk briskly for 10 minutes before I initiate my runs. I find that if I don't do this I feel a lot of aches and pains in the first four or five hundred feet of my runs. After that I'm warmed up and I'm OK.

I also watch my weight very carefully, so as not to put more pressure on my knees and extremities than needed. I try to keep myself at a BMI of 24 or at most 24.5.

I'm trying to get to my seventies and still be able to run. So far, so good, but I don't want to tempt fate.

#444492 - 08/16/13 02:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
I stretch after exercise. Exercise is my field and the latest research shows that stretching after exercise is more beneficial and less risky than stretching before. Stretching before actually can reduce strength, power and speed. Stretching after exercise is more effective at keeping muscle and ligaments flexible. It's important to start off easy and work your way into full strength. When I quit stretching before working out, I noticed fewer injuries.

DavO

Page 17 of 26 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.