Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443023 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444419 - 08/15/13 06:47 PM Two things happened this...
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
week that were unforeseen.

First, it may come easy for some, but for me it does not. It took some talk and some more honesty from the T on his perceptions of my emotional (or lack thereof) state, but some twenty minutes into the session I CRIED. I didn't tear up- I CRIED. Only for a few moments before the voices from the past inside reminded me what a little piece I was- but still, I crossed for a few minutes into the emotional world of reality and was able to acknowledge after all these years that it hurts. And I was able to cry. The topic was the urinating by guys on other people that I posted of on Saturday, but its much more than that. It all came together for a brief few moments. All the abuse and all the years. Not in segments and chapters but all together. And the world did not end.

Second, I have told only a few people about the art series project I worked on months ago related to healing and Sexual Abuse and the hurt and trauma and all that stuff. And I have shown it to even fewer people. It will be pretty expensive when finished to have matted and framed appropriately. I received a phone call out of the blue last Sunday night from a friend. This friend wanted to be a sponsor for my art work. Meaning this friend wanted to help cover the cost of making it presentable. Is that not cool? And affirming?

I had talked about both of these issues before on MS... being unable to bring forth real emotions and about my art project series on abuse. I just wanted, needed to share these two recent happenings and to say again how grand MS is for guys like me- guys like us.

#444421 - 08/15/13 06:51 PM Re: Two things happened this... [Re: ThisMan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
(((((((Bill)))))))

well done,
and congrats,bro!

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#444422 - 08/15/13 06:59 PM Re: Two things happened this... [Re: ThisMan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Bill. Congrats on both accounts! The therapy thing sounds like a major breakthrough to me and a big step on the way to healing some of those old wounds. The artwork thing is just so awesome! How cool that you have a friend who is supportive enough to sponsor you like that. Good luck getting your work out there for as many people to see as possible. You certainly deserve the type of recognition and validation that could entail. Kudos, my man! Peace,

Ken

#444426 - 08/15/13 07:14 PM Re: Two things happened this... [Re: ThisMan]
justplainme Offline

Your getting your life back and that includes your emotions. Congrats on the art work!

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.