Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446665 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444345 - 08/14/13 11:17 PM PTSD Coping methods?
justplainme Offline

Anybody here know any effective PTSD coping methods,lately beig around men just triggers the fuck out of me, I've come to the point where I feel like vomiting or like if I'm going to die of a brain aneurism.
Does anybody here feel so weird having to second guess every fucking thing you feel?
I can't have one single thought without it being permeated by some learned aspect of sexual ,mental or corporeal of the abuse.
Anybody know any techniques to attain separation from this shit?
Has it happened to all of you that the Better you get, the more intrusive the PTSD flashbacks get?
Thanks guys , I'm going to start keeping you all in my prayers by the way.
Much love.
J.

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#444362 - 08/15/13 01:40 AM Re: PTSD Coping methods? [Re: justplainme]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hi JPM,

The only way I've found is a kind of therapy called Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). You can google it to get a description, but it has made a dramatic difference in the severity of my symptoms. Good luck brother.
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#444364 - 08/15/13 01:57 AM Re: PTSD Coping methods? [Re: justplainme]
justplainme Offline

Thanks Jude, the bitch problem is I live in a Country where therapies like those are none existent. I just found this article about the neurological effects of CSA and it really is accurate. I have tried Cognitive Behavioral therapy on my self by myself through autodidactic teaching and books, but my brain can only do so much on its own.
The article states how CSA cause temporal Lobe epilepsy and dimished growth of certain areas in the brain.
http://192.211.16.13/curricular/hhd2006/news/wounds.pdf

Through Cognitive therapy I have come close to enabling new structures in my brains constitution I can even feel my brain changing sometimes, as crazy as that may sound. Think of it of somehow rebooting your brain from working on one type of voltage to another, it borderlines on someone stapling notes to your brain pain wise.
It's the PTSD that gets worse when I get closer to the unhealthy structure memories in my brain.
And some days I feel like I'm not gonna make it,yet I see glimpses of the silver lining and push on.
Omega 3 in concentrated forms has been helping with the neural pain.
Apparently CSA cause the left side of your brain to decrease and the right to compensate causing overstimulation of your limbic system, the limbic system is where some argue love is developed neurally. So if RAPE entered your limbic hard dive then RAPE is the software your running on your CPU instead of love.
Mentation,reflection and a dose of madness have aided me in changing the faulty software.. Fuck man. I wish none of us had to go through this shit.

Edited by justplainme (08/15/13 02:01 AM)

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#444401 - 08/15/13 02:16 PM Re: PTSD Coping methods? [Re: justplainme]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
One STRONG vote for meditation - specifically - the lovingkindness meditation. I did that for a couple of months at the beginning of this year and I swear it started a big, deep, and profound change in me.

I still have to work at it, but I swear by it.

Meditation is free, too. And lovingkindness meditation videos are available on youtube if you want guidance.

#444429 - 08/15/13 07:30 PM Re: PTSD Coping methods? [Re: justplainme]
justplainme Offline

Thank you Magellan i know see that love is the only way out of darkness.
I've Read books on how meditation changes your brain.
I'm just going through the part where you handle this radioactive waste... It really does harm your biology and emotional life. To the point were awareness and disidentification became my greates allies
Supposedly the neural effects of the CSA also cause a mild for of epilepsy and other mental states brought about as a sort of relapse.
Evil is radioactive but love conquers all.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.