Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
arty (46), ava_adore (28), babs (63), bkeithb (49), shylo (34), si (22), universe (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (matt123, sentry, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446607 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444257 - 08/13/13 11:32 PM Does anyone know of the Montclair STAR program?
drewshere Offline

Hi. I just recently joined this site and have had CSA.

I was looking into therapists and groups in this site and saw one therapist near me Robert Fuhlrodt actually has a male survivor group near me tomorrow night! The program that he works with is Montclair STAR (sexual trauma and addiction recovery)

Does anyone have any information about this program or ones like it?

I am not anti social and am ready to talk about my issues with composure. I think i'll be fine smile.

Thank you.

#444271 - 08/14/13 04:12 AM Re: Does anyone know of the Montclair STAR program? [Re: drewshere]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
I looked at the site (as I am in that area too)

Looks like it is mostly about treating sex addiction and trauma recovery is seen as part of that. I am probably the opposite of a sex addict so that doesnt' pertain to me, but I just emailed them asking if they work with survivors who aren't sex addicts.

- Saint John of the Cross

#444290 - 08/14/13 11:34 AM Re: Does anyone know of the Montclair STAR program? [Re: drewshere]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Consider giving Richard Gartner a call. He's in nyc, an excellent T and also runs a group.

I know where the star program is but my addiction is not sexual based so I never considered them.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#444294 - 08/14/13 01:17 PM Re: Does anyone know of the Montclair STAR program? [Re: drewshere]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
I totally agree with Castle. I am in one of Richard Gartner's groups. He is incredible!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.