Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
7 registered (JayBro, Jed777, innervoice, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 61 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62494 Topics
438024 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#443710 - 08/08/13 04:17 AM Re: Top 10 Christian Rock Songs (That Actually Rock) [Re: Life's A Dream]
ghostlights Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Hey, thanks for posting this list. I actually consider myself "post-Christian"...well, now agnostic really. But I still listen to a lot of this music, simply because the artists are THAT GOOD. I'm a huge fan of Aaron Sprinkle. Very cool that you know him. Big fan of Derek Webb (he's a GENIUS!) Over the Rhine (if you've never heard them, check them out), I adore Plumb. The recordings by Earthsuit and Chasing Furies are amazing as well, if you can find copies. Sadly, Chasing Furies broke up just before I was supposed to see them open for Jars and Earthsuit is no more either (though a couple of those dudes are now in Mutemath, another great band). You're completely right about the artists approaching their music first from the context of the human experience, rather than just saying "Okay, what scripture can we plug in for this topic?" The music is REAL. That's why I still listen to their music.

#444157 - 08/12/13 11:56 PM Re: Top 10 Christian Rock Songs (That Actually Rock) [Re: Life's A Dream]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Derek Webb is great. and brave.

Ray Boltz is another powerful singer who the industry disowned when he came out as gay, but he just kept singing anyways.

(still hard to see LAD's name on a topic. Probably always will be.)
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.