Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, GT13568, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443132 - 08/03/13 11:14 AM Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate"
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#443134 - 08/03/13 11:28 AM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
That was inexcusable behavior. That man crossed all kinds of inappropriate barriers in intervening in that child's life. It could have the opposite effect from what he desired.

My father's hostility and coldness, and that of the various molesters I encountered, DID NOT make me want to be like them. If that's what masculinity was about, then I didn't want it.

Not only that, but my mother wasn't exactly packed with feminine charm. Nearly all of my female teachers in school were old maids or man-haters. My first man-teacher was a serial pedophile.

Puffer

#443191 - 08/04/13 12:36 AM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The woman goes on a rant about homophobia and gay marriage when she needs to focus on reporting the man's assault and battery on her 2 year old child. Bottom line, that is what crimes the man committed.

Going on about all kinds of stereotypes of the man's world views. At the end of the day he is your garden variety drunken jerk.

The store would be more than happy to review its records to see if the man checked out and paid for anything. If so, there are a variety of ways to track the man down. The man is seriously lucky he did not end up getting beaten himself if the right bystander was nearby.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#443338 - 08/05/13 06:33 AM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i agree with catfish86.
the man's motives, although ridiculous and inadequate, are important only if required for a conviction.
child abusers come up with all kinds of twisted logic to explain and excuse their bad behaviour in their own minds.

War
Love
Poetry

#443399 - 08/05/13 04:51 PM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 06:42 PM)

#443401 - 08/05/13 05:20 PM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

god bless the warrior who protects the weak from the predator.

your anger is understood and justified, bodyguard.

there are times when violence may be the only option.
preventing damage to those who do not deserve it, but cannot properly defend themselves, must be one of those occasions.

child protection and crime prevention are powerful motives.

War
Love
Poetry

#443422 - 08/05/13 08:46 PM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
txb Offline

This pissed me off. A lot. This woman and her kids are threatened by a crazy in a public place, one of her kids gets assaulted, no one says or does anything, she checks out, goes home and posts about it on FACEBOOK. And "Mark and I are both completely supportive of love in all it's forms...." What kind of man is Mark!? His kid was assaulted and he does nothing?? I hate that she has pictures of her kid all over the article. Stuff on the internet doesn't go away. In 10 years time this little kid might find the article and see what a bad parent his mother really is - that she cared more about posting on Facebook and writing articles than reporting a man that assaulted him.

#443575 - 08/06/13 10:54 PM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
HuffPost removed this story due to pending law enforcement investigation. Sounds like somebody involved in the event got pissed.

John

#443869 - 08/09/13 06:32 PM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I read the article when Soccer posted it. I couldn't believe it. And still can't. Yeah, the guy was/is an abuser and I hope he lands in jail.

#444004 - 08/11/13 07:32 AM Re: Man assaults 2yo boy for being "effeminate" [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

my dad was a real tough guy.
a violent man.
he grew up in the rubble of WWII europe.
boxer and bouncer.
barroom brawler.
wife beater.
before he left my life at age 7,
i remember being hit for crying.
i remember being whipped for crying.
i remember being kicked for crying.
he thought he would toughen me up.
i didn't need that from him.
the world provided enough hard lessons already,
without his added abuse.
today, when i see how fckd up his life is,
i am glad he did not raise me.
i learned a lot about marriage and parenting from my father,
i simply did the opposite.
it worked. my kids turned out great.
this actually made it easier for me to forgive his abandoning me when i was little.
i used to really hate him for not being there to protect me from all the bad people that got in my pants.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.