Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63414 Topics
443364 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443924 - 08/10/13 09:41 AM My Intro
Wiseguy Offline
New Here

Loc: North Florida
I am back at MS and hoping I can use this medium as a means by which to cope with CSA. I am back in therapy (seems like about every 7-8 years) it bubbles up and back to the therapist I go) and needing to work through this again to be my life back. I feel like I am at rock bottom, my job has told me to take some time off and my I am physically/neurologically ill, and all the meds have caused my brain to raise all the ugliness again. CSA and PTSD from CSA really is an affliction I would not wish on my worst enemy and wish I could just be done with this. I am 42 now and it seems like I will deal with this my whole life.

Looking forward to sharing with you all - keep up the fight!!

#443934 - 08/10/13 11:01 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Hey, welcome back! I think you are right about dealing with this for the rest of our lives. I've only been back in therapy for a year since trying to forget about it for the last 20 plus years. I do feel like it is getting better though and I don't find myself in my dark places as often as I have or live with such anxiety about other people (particularly other men). I do worry about having a set back and wonder if I will be able to cope. If that happens I think I will do what you are doing - coming back here and asking others for help.

I also related to not wishing these issues on your worst enemy. I have often wondered if there is anything worse someone could do to another individual then what's happened to us. I don't think there is anything worse. If you believe in spirituality I think it is a spiritual crime that affects the soul as well as the body.

I hope you find what you need to get back up on your feet.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#443945 - 08/10/13 11:52 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
slsjake Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I am new here but I would offer anything I can. I apologize, I don't know what CSA is but commend you for taking action if it be "again" and "again" and "again". Jake

#443987 - 08/11/13 01:15 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome back, Wiseguy.

i think i know exactly what you mean.
i am 52 and still healing and dealing with CSA.
in fact, i just had a (another) major breakthrough about 2 years ago,
so i, too, feel "like I will deal with this my whole life."
it never ends, but it always gets better.

someone once said,
"We plan to persist until we prevail."
this is a positive path.

p.s. slsjake,
CSA stands for 'child sexual abuse'.

War
Love
Poetry

#444464 - 08/16/13 01:16 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome,

Anyone named "Wiseguy" has to be a kindred spirit. C'mon in man!

Jude
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#444514 - 08/16/13 08:08 PM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Wiseguy,

It is true that dealing with CSA is a constant in life. Fortunately, here at MS there are a lot of guys who offer support and advice. I dealt with this alone for over 40 years. Since I can't run and hide from it anymore, I'd much rather deal with it with help from my friends here, than to do it on my own.

Even though it's a tough fight, with the support of others, there is hope for a better life, and that's something that was absent when I dealing with it alone.

Keep fighting Wiseguy, there are good days ahead.

DavO

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.