Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#443711 - 08/08/13 05:02 AM I'm Back
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Been away from here for about two months while I had some major stuff to deal with.

1) My son's wedding. A wonderful time with my wife, all my children and their significant others. And most of all, with my oldest son, the groom. He said "Dad, its good to have you back". He meant that I am back emotionally and mentally. Its good to be back!

2) Moving. A miserable chore that took twice as long as planned. But we love our new house, even though our teenage daughters hate it, and tell us that every day.

3) Taking a major professional examination. I failed the test. My first thought afterward was "I want a bottle of booze, and someone to fuck, so I don't have to feel this" But instead, I made myself feel it, then went home and hugged my wife and kids. The failure didn't kill me, and I didn't have to drink or act out to cope with it.

Its all just a few more bumps in this road of recovery. More later. Good to see you all, and so many new ones too.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#443712 - 08/08/13 05:14 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Jude, good to see you man, welcome back smile
Your post has brought smile to my face!!!

Pero

#443714 - 08/08/13 06:29 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi Jude. Glad to have you back man. Sorry to hear about how the test went but at least you didn't fall off the wagon. Good for you on that! By the way, doesn't it seem like moving is always twice the hassle and headache you thought it was going to be? I probably have my own move coming up here in about five months and I am dreading it like nothing else. Glad you like your new place though. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#443723 - 08/08/13 09:08 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Awesome, Jude. Congratulations on the new d-in-l and the new home. Sorry about the exam. And congrats on the decision to go home and hug the wife and kids. Good to see you are back.

#443726 - 08/08/13 09:18 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
I've never seen you write with such joy of a happy domestic life. And kudos for taking a professional setback in stride - happens to everybody.

Thank you so much for posting this. You have been such a help to others, it is great to see you feeling better.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#443730 - 08/08/13 09:45 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Welcome back Jude. It will be nice to see you posting and contributing to the well being and healing of those in the MS community.

DavO

#443786 - 08/08/13 09:46 PM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hey Jude

Great to have you 'back'.

I am so encouraged by the way you coped with the professional exam results. . . not falling into old habits. Progress is possible!!!

Good to hear life happening .... weddings, wife by your side, normal teenage girl attitude.... great stuff.

Lee

#444149 - 08/12/13 10:49 PM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Jude:

Thanks for the strength you have shared.

Aren't hugs great!

FB

#444191 - 08/13/13 10:14 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome back, Jude! It is really comforting to have your presence here.

Quote:
I failed the test.

The simplistic view of failure is to take it at face value - you failed. The deeper truth is that it is a testament to courage. You had the guts to try.

I've taken many exams on the road to my profession. Ultimately all of my failures never added up to cancel out the ultimate success when I finally passed. The last word for me was not the failure - it was getting back in the game and trying again. Sometimes I tried again only because it was the only way I knew how to deal with the failure - it was the only positive answer I could come up with. Can you take the exam again?

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#444193 - 08/13/13 10:57 AM Re: I'm Back [Re: Jude]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I'm glad you're back, Jude. Welcome back. I've missed your wisdom and compassion and sharing here.

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.