Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
8 registered (BraveFalcon, Jake123, hike1972, Landscape, Cam76, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438072 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443464 - 08/06/13 01:29 AM Aaron Fisher, Sandusky Case "Victim 1" Article
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Apparently he had a prevention of abuse retraining order placed on him

I recently finished his book "Silent No More" and found it to be quite informative and insightful. Honestly, reading through the above article tarnished my image of him and knocked the wind out from me. Upon reviewing the article, however, there seemed to be something off. I want to make sure I am not making excuses for the guy at the expense of this girl so I figured I'd get your take on it.

#443486 - 08/06/13 08:06 AM Re: Aaron Fisher, Sandusky Case "Victim 1" Article [Re: Publius]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
"Statutory rape" when the ages are that close is stupid. He's 18, she's 15-and-8-months and consent is 16. He may have been more susceptible due to needing affection, burgeoning sex addiction or whatever, but in ANY case with these circumstances I have a hard time getting too mad. Prosecutors love crushing young men's lives forever over consensual behavior between close-aged teenagers.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#443509 - 08/06/13 12:20 PM Re: Aaron Fisher, Sandusky Case "Victim 1" Article [Re: SoccerStar]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
It could well be a set-up. He acquired some powerful enemies who would try to clear their own name by ruining his.

Puffer

#443525 - 08/06/13 02:16 PM Re: Aaron Fisher, Sandusky Case "Victim 1" Article [Re: Publius]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
I am doing my best to remain objective but somehow something seemed off. They never mentioned when the two met and the charges appear to have come later than when the relationship started. It's almost as if the mother just got mad at her daughter for sneaking out and decided "Hey, you know what, I'm going to get back at you and end this right now through legal means." The article says she had not commented on whether or not she told Aaron to stay away from her daughter even once, which in my book tells me she probably didn't tell him once. Also, I suppose it should be noted he would have been arrested if he broke the restraining order against him so it seems he adhered to the law.

SoccerStar I kind of agree with you. I was a victim of peer abuse at a young age but we all know it can happen even at later ages. However, this just doesn't seem to fit the bill at all. I agree with the law as it is but not how it is used sometimes especially here.

Fun fact: Jerry Sandusky's lawyer Joe Amendola got a 16 year old girl pregnant when he was 49, helped her get emancipated from her parents, and eventually married her when she was 23. They got divorced shortly thereafter, no doubt, upon her actually growing up and realizing who she was and what she wanted out of life. She was a clerk in his office at the time. I wonder who he got to fill in her place after she was gone? All of this happened within the confines of law...bleh

#443574 - 08/06/13 10:51 PM Re: Aaron Fisher, Sandusky Case "Victim 1" Article [Re: Publius]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Fisher isn't the first college boy to have sex with an underage (by 4 months) teen girl, and it was just as wrong in his case as in all the others. But I wouldn't put it in the same class as the abuse perpetrated by Sandusky.

John

#444041 - 08/11/13 05:16 PM Re: Aaron Fisher, Sandusky Case "Victim 1" Article [Re: Publius]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Technically a violation of law, but most likely a misdemeanor at most. They are close in age. According to reports she actively endeavored to see him. She was 4 months from age of consent, they were only 3 years, 8 months apart. No hint of undue coercion or force. Based on those, you may see it plead down to nothing or dismissed.

You could also have a mother sniffing for a financial settlement, knowing he is getting some payout from Penn State. Smells a LOT like a set up or blackmail attempt. Curious that the judge would forbid the lawyers and parties from talking to the press but agreed to an interview to discuss the facts with the media. Not sure how ethical that is on the judge's part.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.