Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
7 registered (oriolesguy, Bluedogone, 5 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63768 Topics
445332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#443517 - 08/06/13 01:48 PM Not quite depressed?
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I don't think i'm depressed, I don't feel very sad, but i'm finding that I keep going to cry when i'm talking to someone, like i'm hyper emotional all of the sudden, and not that i'm talking about anything emotional, I mean in just like an ordinary conversation and then I have to stop myself because i'm about to cry, what the hell is this about? anyone experienced this before?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#443519 - 08/06/13 01:52 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yes

Maybe you have some suppressed feelings just waiting to tumble out?

Puffer

#443520 - 08/06/13 01:55 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think you could be correct, but that's a scary thought, I wish it would just come out, maybe I should let myself cry and hope all of this comes out of me, or write, and see what happens. I hope i'm not about to crack or anything.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#443521 - 08/06/13 02:03 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have experienced that a few times. Even as a kid it would occasionally happen. For me, the way through it was to immerse myself in it. Maybe find a quiet place (if possible) next time the emotions start in and let those feelings out. Like a good laugh, sometimes we all just need a good cry. Maybe it doesn't have any explanation other than emotional recalibration. At least that has been true with me.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#443523 - 08/06/13 02:07 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Try to take a deep breath. It happens as the memories begin to come back. They are difficult to control because you have suppressed them for a life time. I had experienced episodes and after meeting with people I felt overwhelmed. I drove away and I had to pull over and the tears and fears took over.

Your mind and body is telling you, it is time to release the past pain and hurt.

It is part of the healing journey---take care

#443528 - 08/06/13 02:50 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
yes, King Tut, it has happened to me at various times. i think it can be a good sign - if - as you say - you are not feeling particularly sad. for me it was as if there were lots of emotions stuffed down under the surface and ready to spill out as soon as i gave them permission. some guys have lots of anger or fear - i had undifferentiated emotion - i couldn't even identify what i was feeling but it came out unexpectedly once my defenses were down. once i was over the initial alarm that i was cracking up - it was a source of comfort to feel something again for a change after a long period of numbness.

my suggestion is to wait it out - don't fight it - go with the flow and sooner or later - the tears will connect with actual events or memories or causes. it can actually be a pleasure and another tool for healing.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#443534 - 08/06/13 03:26 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 06:43 PM)

#443556 - 08/06/13 06:48 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for all of your well thought replies.
I let myself cry not long ago- I was watching a film, and I let myself cry. It was such a happy cry, I don't know why it was happy, I guess I was just happy to be crying. I guess because I know that often after a good cry I feel better.
I think it has been a kind of emotional recalibration as suggested. I feel stronger for it.

#443559 - 08/06/13 07:20 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i get spontaneous bursts of tears at the most odd and inappropriate times. often without warning.
sometimes i feel the tears on my cheeks before i register the emotion that triggered them.
sometimes they flow without feeling.
i have to really reason to make the conscious connection between my reaction and the stimulus, which is not often obvious.
i am not really crying.
i am just leaking.
most of the time when i am depressed,
it is impossible to cry.
when i am sad, i feel nothing... empty... void.

joy makes me cry.
but that is a different experience.

War
Love
Poetry

#443567 - 08/06/13 10:01 PM Re: Not quite depressed? [Re: king tut]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
King Tut

So good to hear from you. I too just cry. Like victor/victim, I used to call it leaking. But, when the water drips down my face, I now call it crying.

I am afraid that if I let the crying go, it will never stop. This isn't true. I know it isn't true. I have shrieked with pain and cried for 40 minutes straight. But that is the longest and it was more than 15 years ago.

I spent most of my life, when I felt the sadness I would experience anger and suppress the sadness. My anger doesn't work any more that has only been in the last year or so.

I still cannot connect the sadness with events but I accept that it is part of the grieving process. I have finally accepted that what happened to me in my childhood was a loss. I must accept the loss and grieve it. (I thought that I couldn't loose something I never had. But, what I needed and didn't get as a child is a loss.)

We all have different stories and we all are just the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.