Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63103 Topics
441289 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#444465 - 08/16/13 01:21 AM Re: Howdy. I'm Tom [Re: motmcd]
Jude Online   content

Loc: New England
Welcome Tom,

If you've been reading posts on MS for a while, you know that you are not alone here. But congratulations on taking the couragous step of telling your story. When I started this journey, someone told me: "Abuse happens in secret, healing happens out loud" I hope you find that to be true.

Be well.
Jimi Hendrix

#444504 - 08/16/13 04:17 PM Re: Howdy. I'm Tom [Re: motmcd]
Adam A Gedman Offline

Loc: Canada
Tom,

Thanks for telling your story. I am not a spiritual person, but very much appreciate the strength you demonstrated. I hope one day to find the strength you have shown.
I also find it very encouraging that you have encountered exemplary people on your journey, in the two bishops who chose to take action, in spite of the turmoil that would likely result. We've all seen far too many instances swept under the rug, from churches to universities, to residential schools here in Canada, as well as hockey coaches. Those in a position of trust today have a far greater burden to carry as a result.

Keep well

Formerly Adam A Gedman (AKA - A damAGed man)

But you can call me Kevin

Toronto Mini WoR - May 2014

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.