Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
6 registered (TJ jeff, woodenshoes, Rich1967, 3 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63787 Topics
445438 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443465 - 08/06/13 01:29 AM Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott
mmafan66 Offline

Loc: Manitoulin Island, ON
Hi, Just a quick note to say hi.

After a lifetime of making wrong decisions and dealing with so many things inappropriately, the child who was so desperately crying out for help finally got it. He got it 40 years later.
Some thought it may have been the wrong time to tell him, but it could not have come at any better time......After a very hard session with my Therapist last Friday, for the first time in years the load seems just a few ounces lighter......

I am posting my story in the 'Survivor Stories' section shortly. I would love to hear from anyone.

Scott

Edited by mmafan66 (08/06/13 01:49 AM)

#443467 - 08/06/13 01:48 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
hi back.

sending my love to the child scott.

welcome to ms.org - mmafan66

may the child get help and healing and health.

War
Love
Poetry

#443475 - 08/06/13 03:11 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: victor-victim]
mmafan66 Offline

Thank's. I just printed off the 4 agreements and they are on my fridge now. That's good stuff.

#443478 - 08/06/13 04:30 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
Hi scott
welcome to ms we are so glad you have found us here. so glad that the child has been heard and that healing is happening I found that little guy some time back still have some struggles but it is better hope that you find this place all that you need to grow and to be well
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...4104#Post404104 this is what came to me when I finally connected
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#443479 - 08/06/13 04:32 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i am super glad you like that.

it is my pleasure to pass it on.

you just made my day smile

i sincerely believe it will benefit you from this day forward.

War
Love
Poetry

#443501 - 08/06/13 09:31 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am so glad you found the child within. Meeting and connecting takes time and work. It is necessary to connect yourself as whole, so each and every part of you can heal. The parts live separate lives and wreak havoc on each other.

Well done and I am so happy for you that you have met and are helping the child within to find love the child so deserves.

Good luck and best wishes.

Edited by KMCINVA (08/06/13 09:38 AM)

#443502 - 08/06/13 09:57 AM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Scott and welcome to a place that for me has seemed almost magical - a virtual room of others who can all say words I never imagined I would EVER hear going through this darkness all by myself.... "Me, too."

You said your load seems just a few ounces lighter. It's still heavy I am sure. But it's not where you are that counts as much as where you are going.

I read your story. I pray that your broken family ties are mended. It may not seem like that now, but, unlike concrete, we are all flesh and blood flowing with love and emotion. Today's immutable truths are not always tomorrow's. Things do change. Like you are right now. Keep hope.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#443511 - 08/06/13 12:57 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
mmafan66 Offline

Thank you everyone. After being isolated for so long somehow I found the strength to see a fireworks show here this past weekend. I haven't seen them in 5 years... That was my first outing with my inner child. No doubt about it I was nervous about being seen, but the compulsion to go was stronger. I showed myself that love and compassion are stronger than fear and loneliness. At the very least I had to show the child the same. And that he was safe and could trust me.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Scott

#443689 - 08/07/13 10:51 PM Re: Hi, I'm new here. My name is Scott [Re: mmafan66]
Rich1967 Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Scott,

Welcome. I read your story and am happy that you found MS. Having the real you come out to play resonates with me too. There are lots of us here to play with that understand what you are going through.

Loving and protecting the child now who was abused is no small feat. Well done!

So sorry about your family and the abuse. I hope being here makes you not feel less alone as you continue to recover.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.