Newest Members
justme123, JaySzee, Paz, COLLINS AKINSE, Searching13
12967 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beemer (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 58 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12967 Members
75 Forums
67209 Topics
469271 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443185 - 08/03/13 11:04 PM *Triggers* Craving for Physical Affection
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by concerned_husky (08/30/15 06:27 AM)
Edit Reason: Reducing ties with MS.

"La plus belle des ruses du Diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas." - Baudelaire

#443192 - 08/04/13 12:38 AM Re: *Triggers* Craving for Physical Affection [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Hey, Husky.

Understood.

The mind goes on a journey of sensation with many responses, often horrifying. Meanwhile the "body still remembers".

A recovery book I read tonight offered up the observation that the body is in this way betraying us. It lets all of this remain unmoved and constant. It may have even engaged in a pleasure that leaves us living impulses that conclude we were as much to blame, and that we will be to blame again. But after all, it is just the body, doing what it does. Responding.

Recently, I have been at work being more in touch with the idea of an embodied mind and a mindful body. What I mean is, when I give in a little to the mind and body being more intimately connected, although the pain increases, there sometimes arrives a bit of mercy, a kind of calming grace, amidst the rest of the difficulty.

Although true intimacy is not on the docket at present, from what I understand, these pains will not go away. However, by staying open to something positive coming along with the pain, by letting the hope for healing be present, perhaps more can be known about what happened and what is needed now.

Thanks for you thorough honesty.

FB

#443194 - 08/04/13 12:49 AM Re: *Triggers* Craving for Physical Affection [Re: concerned_husky]
wearytraveler Offline

Loc: Seattle
Husky,

Hey man, thanks for posting this - I think alot of us can relate to what your writing here. Not many have the guts to put all this out there, and proud that you did.

Your a good man Husky - because you are so much more than the past and your so much more than an experience or an encounter, you are a man who loves his friends, cares for others, loves to travel and these are just a few things. You are more than the darkness, you are a light - and by posting this the darkness trembles - and while we may appear to feel broken when we are in the thoughts that you post here - those pieces are being assembled. Thanks for living it out - while all of the above may be how you feel at times- it is not our feelings that define who we are your heart has helped me so many times and I am proud to know you and call you brother.
I left thinking I was stuck in the past, realizing that while past is not who I am, it has made contributions. It is not something that I fear, this site helped me face things perhaps running from it helped me realize that embracing my past has helped me let things go.

#443283 - 08/04/13 08:29 PM Re: *Triggers* Craving for Physical Affection [Re: wearytraveler]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by concerned_husky (08/30/15 06:35 AM)
Edit Reason: Reducing ties with MS.

"La plus belle des ruses du Diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas." - Baudelaire

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.