Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (Laurie, manipulated), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443086 - 08/02/13 06:47 PM and another from the ATL ,there are triggers bewar
Lost Mountain Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Well letís see if I can introduce myself and I need to say there are TRIGGERS be careful.
I was a truck driver for 25 years and now I am into IT. I just opened up with all my feelings 3 years ago. Before then being alone in the truck and sex drugs and well more drugs made me numb most of the time. I moved to where I am now and stopped doing all that and POW it all came out. I was abused starting at 5 by an old man and his sister and then by neighborhood boys. I remember sitting on the step with him and the boys walking by saying hey there is cunt face letís get him. Luckily I do not remember a lot of all that. I went from one abuser to another not always sexual, Family can leave big scars just with their tongues. Later in my twenties I was attacked by 3 men and raped beaten and left for dead. Needless to say I have trust issues with men so I have no friends. I know boohoo for me. Anywho thatís the short of it.

#443092 - 08/02/13 07:24 PM Re: and another from the ATL ,there are triggers bewar [Re: Lost Mountain]
Matt195 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Welcome, Lost Mountain. You are not alone in your distrust of men and lack of male friends. Part of my healing has been to find men I can trust and share some of my pain and struggle with them. This has not been easy at all but it has been helpful.

Again, welcome to MS!

#443097 - 08/02/13 08:21 PM Re: and another from the ATL ,there are triggers bewar [Re: Lost Mountain]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi LM. Glad to have you aboard! Can never have to many ATL-iens around here. LOL! Peace,

Ken

#443260 - 08/04/13 06:00 PM Re: and another from the ATL ,there are triggers bewar [Re: Lost Mountain]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome, lost mountain.
some things you wrote really resonated with me.

"Family can leave big scars just with their tongues."
the deepest cuts can come from those we need the most.
sometimes even as we reach out to them.
your words cut me like a sword.

"I just opened up with all my feelings"
this is the good news.
very happy to hear!
best part is, this is a reward unto itself.

"boohoo for me."
yes! three times yes!
by all means, cry for yourself.
i cry for you.
what happened to you IS a tragedy.
your survival and recovery are a triumph.
cry tears of mourning, joy, and victory.

thanks for sharing.
your bravery gives me courage.
your honesty gives me hope.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.