Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ocellaris, tbkkfile, pufferfish, NeverGiveUp23), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443109 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443056 - 08/02/13 02:16 PM Greetings from MN
momof4 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Hello,

I am here to try and find answers...I am the wife of an abused husband. Our son was also abused when he was a little boy by a teenaged neighbor. Now my son's military career is in jeopardy... we are deeply saddened. It has been a struggle, but I'm not going to give up. I love them both so much!

I am happy to have found this place.

Thank you for your welcome.

I asked God for all the things that I might enjoy life. He gave me life that I might enjoy all things.

#443234 - 08/04/13 02:45 PM Re: Greetings from MN [Re: momof4]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello Momof4, I am originally from Wisconsin, so hello neighbor. Your story of the abuse your family has suffered is sad but I am thankful you have found this healing place. For you son, perhaps his issues could be somewhat alleviated by disclosing the abuse. Many times survivors have found the beginning of recovery while in an urgent situation by disclosing the abuse and it's consequences including the issue they are currently involved in at the time.

I encourage you as a supporter to understand your role, you are not the therapist. It is important so that you are aware of your limits, so that you do not become discouraged. Please get support for yourself through a specific group such as CODA or something similar. Supporters are very important to a survivor, thank you.

Please share with us as you are comfortable, you are among those who truly know what you are going through.

My best to you and to those whom are yours,
Sam

#443257 - 08/04/13 05:18 PM Re: Greetings from MN [Re: momof4]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
dear momof4,

my respect goes out to you for taking the time to explore the minds of survivors here.
i sincerely hope you gain insight into this deeply private matter through this public forum.
you may read things here that reflect emotions that the men in your life can't express, but feel inside.
this might help you understand their behaviour.
you might even meet others in your situation with good advice.
knowledge is gathered through persistence and effort.
wisdom is gained through patience and experience.
unconditional love will heal the wounds.

welcome.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.