Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63178 Topics
441782 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#443039 - 08/02/13 11:52 AM A Brick House built on Sand
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
still washes away in the storm.

I am embarrassed to write this, to ask this, to reach out and be so vulnerable, especially after the great week I *thought* and felt I had.

How do you process shame?

#443127 - 08/03/13 10:03 AM Re: A Brick House built on Sand [Re: csasurvivor1992]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
to be honest, I am not certain I process the shame. It comes, it stays for awhile, I do not such cool stuff because I have those feelings of being not so cool and then it retreats for awhile and life becomes normal again. And standing in the back of the room, in the corner, is always Mr. Shame, ready to ruin any occasion or happening at his whim.

I have learned to cope and process so much while doing the therapy, but the shame still can have such a strong hold when it appears.

btw... never be embarrassed to write or ask anything. Every topic we discuss here touches more than just the author of the query. I thank you for asking, because it makes me think. And I may ask the T the same question this week.

b

#443128 - 08/03/13 10:15 AM Re: A Brick House built on Sand [Re: csasurvivor1992]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
I throw what I did out here or look to see if anyone else has had the same issues. Admitting to what I did that's causing the shame publicly and still being accepted by others has been hugely helpful for me. I've done/do some things that I'm ashamed of. I don't do some of those things any longer and the ones I still struggle with...well I just keep fighting.

None of us are perfect, but we're still loveable.

I hope you find what you need.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#443170 - 08/03/13 07:01 PM Re: A Brick House built on Sand [Re: csasurvivor1992]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
csasurvivor - i remember a thread on shame - and found it.

here is a link to it - may help some...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post432043

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.