Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#289446 - 05/29/09 11:14 PM Re: Mental Health, Schizoid plz read [Re: lfp]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
lfp,

Wow, that was a long list of symptoms of Schizoid PD. You must have done a lot of research on the subject. I was wondering do you have all or most of those symptoms? I believe I have Avoidant PD, or at least Social anxiety disorder, and I'm almost sure that my friend of many years has Schizoid PD. Avoidant PD and Schizoid PD can look similar at times, but what distinguises them is that people with Avoidant PD want to, but can't, be social and people with Schizoid PD don't desire much social interaction. Like the symtoms list says, they're self-sufficient. I'm pretty sure you see yourself as being that way?

As I mentioned I think my best friend of many years has Schizoid PD and we were able to be very close since childhood, which has now been over 30 years. The bond we have is strong and has been there for many years, so don't lose hope, because I'm pretty sure that people with Schizoid PD can form close a relationship with another person. They just have to find the right person.

My best to you sir,

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#443004 - 08/02/13 03:26 AM Re: Mental Health, Schizoid plz read [Re: pufferfish]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
Originally Posted By: pufferfish

The ideas you acquired wrongly through abuse are like nails driven into the wall of your mental psyche. The emotions you have are like shirts or rags hanging on these nails. The ideas are things you have been taught by abuse and bad parenting and bad social conditions, depending on your situation. It is as though the bad things you were taught are like nails driven into the wall of your conceptual home. The nails may be wrong ones and damaging ones, especially those from abuse. When you talk these out you will become insightful as to the misplaced emotions hanging from those nails. They will fade away as they are drenched in light.

The ideas and emotional furniture of your mind are also habitual. You think a certain way, and feel a certain way because you have "always done so". You must expose these ideas and emotions to a trusted T and allow them to throw light on them. They will then begin to melt away.

Love this. thank you! We are SO SURE our emotions are CORRECT, aren't we??

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.