Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, Tiger1982, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64147 Topics
447574 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#442800 - 07/31/13 06:42 PM !
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!]

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:10 PM)

#442830 - 07/31/13 10:12 PM Re: Camp Director Accused Of Not Reporting Child Abuse [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
WTF!

Deja Vu----Geez.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#442835 - 07/31/13 10:28 PM Re: Camp Director Accused Of Not Reporting Child Abuse [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
The kid is extremely lucky that the "anonymous tipster" called the police. Things will turn out better for him than if no one had said or done anything about the incident.

John

#442836 - 07/31/13 10:38 PM Re: Camp Director Accused Of Not Reporting Child Abuse [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
What? It's the 21st century... And he lied to cover up the rape of a boy. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

#442865 - 08/01/13 07:00 AM Re: Camp Director Accused Of Not Reporting Child Abuse [Re: ThisMan]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: ThisMan
What? It's the 21st century... And he lied to cover up the rape of a boy. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I agree. But fortunately, this incident also shows some progress. For one thing someone knew enough to report this to the police. It wasn't that long ago that this stuff was almost never reported. Second, the DA was able to recognize child-on-child abuse, which again is something that not too long ago even many professionals wouldn't consider worth investigating. Third, it looks like even though the director of the camp didn't seem to care about the kids, one article says
Quote:
"As a camp director, he is a mandated reporter of child abuse," said Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman. "Everybody on the camp staff did what they were supposed to," she said, referring to the child's telling counselors and the counselors telling their supervisors. "But the buck stops at the director of the camp," Ferman said, who does not get to decide the merits of the allegation.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/...allegation.html

so the counselors and the supervisors seemed to be on the up-and-up. That is a hopeful sign that the culture may finally be changing. Its at least the kind of positive steps that would have been much more unlikely 30 years ago.

#443089 - 08/02/13 06:53 PM Re: Camp Director Accused Of Not Reporting Child Abuse [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I agree that this shows progress in Pennsylvania. Somebody in the chain decided doing nothing was not enough. Now will the abusers be charged and extradited? Wonder if they thought about aiding and abetting a fugitive for sending them out of the jurisdiction before the incident was reported to police. What is scary is this camp claims to specialize in teaching social skills yet the camp director could blow this one as bad as he did. Shows either willful collusion or utter incompetence.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.